ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Members - Last Logins

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/15/08 12:26 PM Views: 5658 Replies: 40
Monday, December 15, 2008 at 12:26 PM

I just found this cool little tool under the Statistics section. I like being able to see who's been logging in. But I wonder is it possible to have a sort button so we can sort by the login date? To see who the most recent visitors are? Instead of scrolling down by name and looking at each date?

Sarah

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM - Response #1

Sarah,
I think they have that in the "to-do list"
See here and here
~Beth

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 1:07 PM - Response #2

sweet thank you
figured I had missed it somewhere lol

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:22 PM - Response #3

Sort is now in place.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:48 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Sort is now in place.

Clicking on the radio buttons is a little strange, but it works. The reason it is strange is because you need to click on the already active button in order to activate the non-active button.

For example, if I want to see "All Classmates", I need to click on the black circle next to "Active Classmates", then the black circle of the "All Classmates" gets highlighted and I see all of the classmates.

Not really intuitive.

The row highlighting is also strange - after the rows are sorted, the highlighting isn't logical at all.

Edited 12/15/08 5:53 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:58 PM - Response #5

Heh, you're hitting it while I'm having Dave make some adjustments there. Hang tight, it's all good.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM - Response #6

Brad Switzer wrote:

Heh, you're hitting it while I'm having Dave make some adjustments there. Hang tight, it's all good.

Hey Brad, it was you that said it was done. Just trying it out.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 6:18 PM - Response #7

Brad, have Dave check this out, too.

Something else that is strange - sometimes the title row words are links and other times they are not clickable. The words "First Name", "Last Name", "Email", "Last Login" are all clickable that will sort the columns, but after clicking on the SHOW radio buttons, these text links stop working.

I am not sure how to get in this state, but I know it is possible.

PS Thanks for implementing the sorting.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 6:52 PM - Response #8

What chu talkin' 'bout Willis? Smile

I can not reproduce what you are describing. When you click any of those text links it does take a moment to sort. It may not look like anything's happening, but it really is sorting. If you give it a moment or two it will in fact return the data sorted as you've asked, regardless of the radio button selected at the top.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 7:15 PM - Response #9

Wow, I noticed the last login dates in the manage classmates section, but I didn't notice it in the stats. What a FAB feature!!! I love it. The sort works great too. It provides valuable info that we are still getting lots of hits to the website.

One suggestion. Instead of making it its own tiny link in the stats section, can it be a link on the left admin frame? That will save us a few steps.

LOVE IT!!!

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 8:10 PM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

I can not reproduce what you are describing. When you click any of those text links it does take a moment to sort. It may not look like anything's happening, but it really is sorting. If you give it a moment or two it will in fact return the data sorted as you've asked, regardless of the radio button selected at the top.

OK try this. I went to Stats, Classmembers last login. The TEXT links (not the links next to SORT:, but the column headings). If you move the mouse over it and it highlights as a link, good. Now click on one of the two radio buttons (you can even click on the button already highlighted). Now after page refresh, put mouse over the TEXT column headings. If the bug appears, they will no longer be clickable links. If you don't see the bug, repeat the radio button clicking. Eventually, you will see the problem where the text becomes normal text instead of links.

I just tried this and could reproduce. I am using IE 7.0.5730.11

I just noticed, sometimes, I get the "YELLOW !" in the bottom left corner, that says "Done, but with errors on the page"

Edited 12/15/08 8:13 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008 at 8:33 PM - Response #11

Cathy Plotnick wrote:

Wow, I noticed the last login dates in the manage classmates section, but I didn't notice it in the stats. What a FAB feature!!! I love it. The sort works great too. It provides valuable info that we are still getting lots of hits to the website.

One suggestion. Instead of making it its own tiny link in the stats section, can it be a link on the left admin frame? That will save us a few steps.

LOVE IT!!!

No. No syrup, no link. Plus, there's so many admin links we gotta "keep it real" for now. Something has to be really important to warrant a space there until such time that flyouts and things better organize that area.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM - Response #12

Kyle: Thanks. I'll ask Dave to take a look at that.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 11:16 PM - Response #13

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:

OK try this. I went to Stats, Classmembers last login. The TEXT links (not the links next to SORT:, but the column headings). If you move the mouse over it and it highlights as a link, good. Now click on one of the two radio buttons (you can even click on the button already highlighted). Now after page refresh, put mouse over the TEXT column headings. If the bug appears, they will no longer be clickable links. If you don't see the bug, repeat the radio button clicking. Eventually, you will see the problem where the text becomes normal text instead of links.

I just tried this and could reproduce. I am using IE 7.0.5730.11

I just noticed, sometimes, I get the "YELLOW !" in the bottom left corner, that says "Done, but with errors on the page"

Instead of clicking those links at the top, why not just click the top of the actual list? You can sort by last login, name etc.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 11:17 PM - Response #14

Brad Switzer wrote:

Cathy Plotnick wrote:

LOVE IT!!!

No. No syrup, no link. Plus, there's so many admin links we gotta "keep it real" for now. Something has to be really important to warrant a space there until such time that flyouts and things better organize that area.

Wow, you're turning into Mr. Tough Guy!!! Wink

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 11:59 PM - Response #15

Dang that was quick Smile

*Wonders what else she should ask for*

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 1:06 AM - Response #16

Brad Switzer wrote:

Sort is now in place.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 2:18 PM - Response #17

When I click the 'last longed in' it shows the oldest dates first. When I try to switch it to show most recent dates first, it throws the entire list to the bottom of the page?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM - Response #18

There seems to be an issue there with IE. Dave's gunna check into this shortly.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 12:00 PM - Response #19

It sounds like IE has many 'issues' right now.
btw, I use FF.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM - Response #20

Problem fixed.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 12:31 PM - Response #21

Brad Switzer wrote:

Problem fixed.

Are they still working on the "alternating fill pattern being wrong after doing a sort" problem or can nothing be done about that?

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 1:19 PM - Response #22

This should be fixed. Let me know if it's still not working for you.

Thanks,
Dave

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 1:52 PM - Response #23

Dave Kauffman wrote:

This should be fixed. Let me know if it's still not working for you.

Thanks,
Dave

Works great! I like the addition of the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW to indicate how the list is sorted by.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 6:48 PM - Response #24

What is the default sort order when coming in from the Statistics page and "Active Classmates" is selected? It seems to be on the "Last Login", but doesn't seem to have any logic as to a secondary sort field. If it is really sorting on the "Last Login Date/Time" (because my name is at the top of the list and I am currently logged in), why couldn't we display the time with the login date?

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 9:48 PM - Response #25

Hi Kyle,

The sort is date/time then last name, then first name.

There isn't enough room to display time, so we just show the date.

I've updated the initial sort, to ignore the time so that now the sort is date (no time), then last name, then first name.

Hopefully this is better Smile

Dave

Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 3:01 AM - Response #26

I noticed the time sort and loved it and then noticed it was gone, a little sad. I kind of like to knowing when and how often people were logging in a day. With the time feature, i could see they had just logged in and then since they showed up at the top of the list again, I could they had logged in again. Can the time be optional? or sort priorities first, then, then...

regardless of any change, it is a great feature.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 12:11 PM - Response #27

Dave Kauffman wrote:

The sort is date/time then last name, then first name.

There isn't enough room to display time, so we just show the date.

Dave, if the reason the time isn't displayed is because it won't fit in the displayable area, why don't you just do what you do with an e-mail address that doesn't fit in the displayable area - you put the whole e-mail address in the mouse-over hint. That way the information is still available, but it doesn't throw the table out of whack.

If you are saving the time information in the database, I see no problems about displaying that information to the admins.

I hope this changes back to use the time.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 3:56 PM - Response #28

We will be adding the time to the report.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM - Response #29

Ok, Ok Smile Time is added...Email is now a link but if you hover over the link, it will show the email address.

sort is by date/time then by last name then by first name.

Cheers,
Dave

Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 9:56 PM - Response #30

You guys are amazing. Thank you. Smile

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 1:35 AM - Response #31

Dave Kauffman wrote:

Ok, Ok Smile Time is added...Email is now a link but if you hover over the link, it will show the email address.

sort is by date/time then by last name then by first name.

Cheers,
Dave

Me likes, but two questions:

1) Is there any way to have the time show up in my time zone (PST)?

2) I like the EMAIL link but I'd like to email a group of people rather than one at a time. Can you put a checkbox next to each name like in EMAIL THE CLASS and let me select those whom I want to email?

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 4:41 AM - Response #32

Maybe Dave can move the Time Zone selector out of the forums and into Preferences, and then use the selected time zone anywhere on the site that requires it.

Regarding email, default preselect options are coming under the Email The Class feature, including the ability to pre select Classmates who have not logged in for X # of days. Prefer to keep email under the Email Functions of the system rather than mix and match functionality under something that is intended to be a report.

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 6:49 AM - Response #33

Brad,
Thanks all for your efforts on this. The time/date sort is best but, being in the UK, some of the times shown are unlikely so probably not necessary at all. A date would have been sufficient.

Take it easier over Christmas. It's allowed!
Mark

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 5:18 PM - Response #34

We'll pop a master time zone setting in the new Preferences area, making the time correct for your location. You'd be surprised how many people wrote in wanting to see the time stamp.

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 7:45 PM - Response #35

Our diversity is the one thing we all have in common. I dare say some will find it useful. Personally, I'm happy just to have the inclination, who needs the time as well?! (Old British joke, just in case you weren't sure what I was on about - you're probably still not!)

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 8:23 PM - Response #36

By putting the time zone in the Preferences, will that make the "times" for ALL sections automatically switch over or will we have to set them separately? I, myself, love having the time. That way I can see exactly when I missed them being online. Will be glad to see the time zone correction. Military I can handle, but then also having to subtract time zones was beginning to be a pain.
Also, I had an earlier post regarding "who is online". I have a chatbox. I can actively be chatting with 3 to 4 people and NOT have them show up in the who is online box. It would be beneficial if their names would show up as it may catch the eyes of others to come to chat. As I previously said, I can hit refresh several times and clean cache AND open another browser and it makes no difference. (I use FF). I also ask to make sure the ones in chat have not hidden their name and are logged in. Still wondering.

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 9:13 PM - Response #37

Yes if you set time in Preferences it will update site wide. No need to set in multiple places. Note, however, Classmates will still be able to set their own time zone in the Forums and In Memory area, as their own time zone may be different from yours.

Last Login: If your Classmates are using a third party app, then they're not using your site. Our system only continues to show Classmates as actively online if they're actively moving about your site. If they don't do anything for long periods of time the system times them out. They may be chatting in another program, but as far as our system knows, they have gone idle. Classmates who have gone idle no longer show up. It's the same thing as going to your home page and then doing nothing else for a long period of time. Eventually the system times them out and no longer considers them to be actively online.

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM - Response #38

Thank you for both!! The time-out sounds reasonable too! At least it explains why because we normally aren't roaming around the site if we're chatting. Thanks for the explanation!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 8:59 AM - Response #39

I guess I may be blind now. I don't see anything about time zones under 'preferences'?? Later?

Edited 12/23/08 9:29 AM
Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 9:37 AM - Response #40

Brad Switzer wrote:

We'll pop a master time zone setting in the new Preferences area, making the time correct for your location. You'd be surprised how many people wrote in wanting to see the time stamp.

It's on their to-do list

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.