ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

about the new website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/19/08 08:36 AM Views: 1490 Replies: 7
Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 8:36 AM

How do I get my classmates to the new website to join I have sent them emails and told them about our web page and still nothing so whst should I do we have a reuion coming up here next month tell them then or what thank you

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 9:52 AM - Response #1

I open our web site in Feb. and what I did was send the web site address to the classmates that are on classmates home page and have them send the address to the other classmates and so on. That created a chain.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 11:16 AM - Response #2

You may want to post a page with the reunion info on it. I found we got a much better response once the date was set in stone.

When I was in the initial stages of searching for everyone, I started by asking them if they were interested in a 25 year reunion and that we were garnering interest first before starting to plan. That got the ball rolling and the domino effect started.

If you don't have a date yet, put a blurb on your website about the PM function and that it's a great way to reconnect with old friends and classmates even if they can't attend the reunion. I have also stressed that the website is private and spam free. I have password protected all pages except for the homepage and classmate profiles so that the entire site is only viewable once they have created their profile.

Right now, there's really nothing on your site, there's no info and nothing to entice them to join it. I also constantly ask for their help in finding missing classmates.

This is a blurb of what I have on our homepage to give them info about the website:

If it’s your first time to the web site, please login by clicking the classmate profiles tab, scroll down to your name, click it and enter your current contact information. You can provide as little or as much information as you like without fear of spam. You can set your profile to display your contact information or to keep it private. It's up to you! This website is private and the information in it is not available in search engines, although the website's homepage is.

You can also share personal updates, memories, photos and videos with your classmates here. Enjoy looking at the profiles of old friends and don’t forget to add your own photos and comments. Check back often as classmates will continue to post new photos and updates.

Please help make the reunion a success by letting all of your friends and classmates from Central Memorial Class of 1983 know about the web site. If your name is not listed under Classmate Profiles or if someone is not listed, please send me an email and I will get it updated so you can access the web site.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 3:15 PM - Response #3

I would suggest you build your website. It appears that you may be relying on others to build it as they join? View my site. Perhaps it will give you some ideas. After I launched the site, I then sent a mass e-mail via classcreator.com to everyone I had e-mail addresses for. BAM! People began responded immediately! Good luck. If some of your classmates are on classmates.com, you may want to send a message directing them to the new class website.

Good luck!

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 5:33 PM - Response #4

Agree with all said above. The more compelling you make your site, the more people will join and participate. You definitely want to use your "Email the Class" option to announce your new site to all the Classmates you have email addresses for. Numerous things are built into the Class Creator system to encourage your Classmates to reach out and bring in other Classmates. You'll often find that your initial classmate wide email is all it takes to swing your site into action.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 10:31 AM - Response #5

I would suggest that you start scanning in some of your photos from your yearbook. And then post them on your site. Make new pages about your reunion site, costs, location, links to the hotel, etc. Make a page about your class and describe what was going on during the late 70's.
Good luck. Have fun with it. It's not hard to do.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 8:33 PM - Response #6

We (my co-administrator and I) built in a lot before we told the class to sign up. We put in pictures from the past (yearbook, and others), past reunion pictures - ask for others to share theirs. I started a sort of remember when page by telling a couple of humorous things I remembered and something another classmate had told us. All of that got their interest and we had, and still have people going in just to look. But it also started them signing up. There were many at first and then it slowed down, but about once a week now we get one more who heard about it from someone else. Check out other classes and see - it will give you ideas.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 5:23 PM - Response #7

For sure I agree with everyone's suggestions. You need to have more information on there. It needs to catch their attention so that they will sign up. Try to get a projected date set up, add some pictures from your year book, due a "recess link" and add events from the year you gratuated. It totally is a chain reaction, but you need to make the first impression. Good luck! We just had our 20th the past weekend, now I am working on posting all of the pictures from eveyone.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.