ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Limiting Postings

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/28/16 03:50 PM Views: 839 Replies: 5
Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM

Is it possible to limit a person's posting?

have one person in our class that is posting constantly and other classmates are getting irritated with it

Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 9:22 PM - Response #1

Under Admin Functins/Preferences/Profile Preferences, it appears to be all classmates can post messages or make comments or none can. I think feedback in terms of a warning to this classmate, who may not be aware he/she is offending other classmates, may be the best first step. If that doesn't work, then, in the interest of site unity, you may have to delete the offending classmate's profile.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 9:42 PM - Response #2

I would hate to limit him. He probably is socially unaware. Others don't have to read his postings.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 10:10 PM - Response #3

"He probably is socially unaware."

Curious 1): Is this a developed distinction or did this individual exhibit the distinction in e.g., high school? Curious 2): Are the posts over the line and considered as offensive (and why); or are they simply too voluminous?
I agree with Scott. First: a gentle but direct approach, and a mild admonishment may well be preferable. If that does not work then restriction should be exercised. Otherwise the offending behavior is condoned. What is the value in asking other classmates to just "not read" the posts if the administrator takes steps to ameliorate the offensive behavior? Am I missing something here?

Edited 08/28/16 10:18 PM
Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 10:28 PM - Response #4

Just to add: We have this simple and clear message (see below) on our Message Forum at the top - works well for us.

"The message forum is an ongoing dialogue between classmates. There are no items, topics, subtopics, etc. Forums work when people participate - so don't be bashful! Click the "Post Response" button to add your entry to the forum. Nothing should be posted that is: inappropriate; not germane to our Classmates interests; rumors / myths (from e-mails, the internet or any other source); vulgar or unacceptable language; etc. Thank You."

Edited 08/29/16 3:20 PM
Monday, August 29, 2016 at 12:14 AM - Response #5

Yes, are they bothersome simply because they are so many postings, or are the offensive?

We have a 'Purpose Statement' on the Home Page for the web site that has stopped all issues of this nature.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.