Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Creating more space

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/25/19 10:18 PM Views: 567 Replies: 3
Friday, October 25, 2019 at 10:18 PM

I keep getting notes saying I am almost out of space. Can I
copy my current pictures to my local computer, then delete
them so I can have more space for adding new pictures?
How?

Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 1:03 AM - Response #1

Sure, if you are not using them anywhere on your site.

But I suspect they are being used, otherwise why are they in your File Vault?

Other solutions might make things too hard. The 1GB addition they had might be a good idea next time.

Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 3:34 AM - Response #2

Barryman,

Since your site has been active since 2008, you should have received the recent offer to add time to your subscription at a discount, with a bonus of 1 gigabyte (GB) of storage for doing so. It appears you did not take advantage of this offer, so your only option is to add storage.

There's two ways to add storage: 1. Under Admin Functions, click on the Statistics link. Under File Fault Space click on the Add File Vault Space link. 2. Upgrade to a Platinum account, which will give you 1 terabyte of storage space. To do that, under Admin Functions, click on the Subscription link.

Edited 10/26/19 3:51 AM
Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 10:13 AM - Response #3

Barryman,

Your website is "Grandfathered", meaning "Free forever, but limited to 25MB of storage". If you were to take advantage of purchasing a subscription that includes the extra storage space, as mentioned above, you would then have the subscription and then when the subscription expired, your website would revert to "Grandfathered", but you would have the extra storage space associated with your website.

I don't believe that "Grandfathered" websites have the option to add storage space with the "Add File Vault Space" because that only appears on subscription websites.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.