ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help re forums

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/19/11 01:13 AM Views: 1101 Replies: 3
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I've been struggling with the forums. I've set up a few set topics and used e-mail to try to stimulate comments but with little success. My polls each week will get responses from 50% of the registered classmates, though, and is my most successful feature.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to stimulate comment or simplify commenting. Is there an easier way to elicit comment than the user forums.

What's worked for you.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 3:35 PM - Response #1

When we first signed up for CC, there was just one way to do the forum....simply had only one topic and everyone posted daily under one thread or topic.
Then the new and improved forum came along with the capability to start many new topics. My classmates hated that and just stayed confused all the time. They wanted only one place to post. So I accommodated them. In our opinion just make one spot the daily check-in area. Then ask specifically some thought provoking questions. Last year we enjoyed the tag thing where you had to write 10-20 things about yourself. You start it off and then pick several classmates to do the same. Then they'll email a classmate and tell them they've been tagged to do the same thing. Made for a lot of interest and activity.
Our forum is probably one of the the most active on CC. We love it! Hope this helps some.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 6:46 PM - Response #2

For example, Teresa, what kinds of thought provoking questions did you pose? And with the 10-20 things activity, were you just that vague in the instructions...any 10-20 things? Like Richard, we struggle with the forum concept.

Recently I tried a Word Association prompt. I post a word which is linked to the Member Forum and all people have to do is click on the linked word and post their thoughts. My school is in Kansas so the last word I posted was "tornado"--only admins responded. What's that all about?

Carolyn

Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM - Response #3

Thanks we'll do the tag thing shortly. Good idea. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.