ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Contacting others logged into the CC Admin Forums

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/26/13 12:54 AM Views: 1396 Replies: 12
Monday, August 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Could a feature be added on the page where we scroll down and see who's logged into these CC administrator forums that would enable us to send a message to someone else who is logged at the same time as we are? Maybe a button place below each person's name or picture?

Edited 08/26/13 12:57 AM
Monday, August 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM - Response #1

Ah... the reason TAP was started. Remember that? Smile

Monday, August 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM - Response #2

No. Besides TAP. Ever seen someone's picture at the bottom and wanted to instantly contact them using a contact them link on that same page without leaving the page and / or using a second browser to go to TAP? TAP is appreciated but it is not what I meant.
If someone clicks on the Forum List link, for example, at the bottom you are able to see who is logged into our forums. The ability to communicate with others who's picture and name can be seen on that page, using a link for that person that is also on that same page, where I suggested it to be placed, would be nice.

Edited 08/26/13 1:24 AM
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM - Response #3

Hi Gary & Gwen,

Yes, Gary, I too have wished I could speak by message to someone I see visiting the Help Forums of Class Creator at the same time I am there. It appears you might be referring to sending them a private message, maybe like an email... I was unsure, but what I have always wanted is the ability to IM (instant message) a person there, like on our class sites. That would be awesome! Hint, hint, CC... if possible my request is to add to the wish list - IM (instant messaging) to the CC Help Forums page, and THANK YOU!

And Gwen, I see and "get" your point.... the inability to message someone on that page (CC help forums) was the reason you started TAP - The Administrator's Place. Completely opening the avenues of communication for all CC Admins (at least all CC admins that join TAP, which are quite a lot of administrators). What a nice act of kindness and BENEFIT for all CC administrators! I remember the first time I saw the invitation to join TAP, it was so intriguing to check it out and see what I might be able to learn from other administrators. And it has truly delivered, what a resource it has been for me. So THANK YOU, Gwen, for your time and commitment with 'starting and continuing to run' TAP! Smile
And thank you for allowing me to be a part of it as an assistant admin on TAP. Smile

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Marla. TAP began because I wanted to click on a photo at the bottom of the forum list to contact another admin - right then... just like Gary. Without that ability, a live weekly chat was the next best thing.

Here are the first ten admins to join TAP:

10. Cheryl Stryker
9. Bonita Johnson Lyon, TAP Official Chat Greeter!
8. Denise Kline Derge
7. Vicki Cronk
6. Charlene Butcher Burns
5. Alyson Keirle Angus
4. Peter Fein
3. Robert Cullen
2. Ruth Music
1. Gary Hodge

TAP welcomes all CC admins to join us anytime!

Hope the countdown gave someone the idea to do the same on their sites. Then send an email with the link to it. Wait! I need to do that right now! Email to TAP Members coming right up!

Have a great week everyone! Smile

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM - Response #5

Hi Ladies. We all can agree or stipulate on the justification for the creation of TAP and its' merits. No need for a continued "sales pitch". However, why can't we stay in the CC Admin forums if we choose?

I am purposely not being very specific by mentioning something like IMing so all possibilities can be considered by the appropriate Class Creator staff, Marla. What surprises me is their textual posting silence thus far in this thread. We know they are capable of developing a related feature to which I have referred when I began this thread.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM - Response #6

Gary, reading your ORIGINAL post in this thread seems to hold some interesting possibilities.
On the other hand, what are the chances of another administrator being logged in at the same time, and how critical would that be?
In the past, I have used the ‘email’ icon at the bottom of the block where their name is to exchange information that was not critical to the thread.
Since CC has not chimed in yet on this, and we all know just about ‘anything’ is possible these days with computers, I am sure history will repeat itself, and that if CC finds enough interest in your idea, they may get to it as time permits – but that is pure speculation on my part.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM - Response #7

I never stated it needed to be to be of critical importance just would be nice. The silence is still interesting. Agree with you about past practices being possible future indicator too.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM - Response #8

This has been marked as a future consideration. For anyone who doesn't know, our internal support system is directly tied to these forms. Thus if somebody has a good idea with a single click we can make it an official task, assign it to 1 or more staff, and give it a priority within other open tasks.

With the upcoming launch of the Facebook app we're very busy right now of course so this is a lower priority possibility, but I can certainly see some merit. Especially if the # of admins here grows as a result of the Facebook app I don't think you'll find much conflict between this vs. TAP. Admins may just want a place to "hang out" live all the time and bounce ideas off each other in real time. Ya know, get up in the morning, grab your coffee, and hang out with other Class Administrators. Why not. Smile

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM - Response #9

And there is a LIKE button! Yay! Thanks, CC! Very Happy

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 12:32 PM - Response #10

Thanks Brad. Smile

Edited 08/28/13 12:33 PM
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM - Response #11

Thanks, Brad! Smile

Brad Switzer wrote:

This has been marked as a future consideration. For anyone who doesn't know, our internal support system is directly tied to these forms. Thus if somebody has a good idea with a single click we can make it an official task, assign it to 1 or more staff, and give it a priority within other open tasks.

With the upcoming launch of the Facebook app we're very busy right now of course so this is a lower priority possibility, but I can certainly see some merit. Especially if the # of admins here grows as a result of the Facebook app I don't think you'll find much conflict between this vs. TAP. Admins may just want a place to "hang out" live all the time and bounce ideas off each other in real time. Ya know, get up in the morning, grab your coffee, and hang out with other Class Administrators. Why not. Smile

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM - Response #12

Very Happy Laughing

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.