ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Restriction Option on Edit Site Page Link

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/23/19 11:01 AM Views: 773 Replies: 4
Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 11:01 AM

I am trying to make access unrestricted (open to public) on both our event page and our donation page. I uncheck the "Restrict to Classmates only" option on each page, but both pages still require member login to access. Is there any reason why these pages cannot be publicly accessed?

Thank you!
Terry

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 12:37 PM - Response #1

While you can reach the page if you are not logged in, you will NOT be able to actually donate or register if you are not logged in. The member is required to be logged in to use those pages.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 6:00 PM - Response #2

Scott, the "Donate Gift" link (which I think was also referred to) immediately requires one to log in. The other one does not.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 5:31 PM - Response #3

Indeed, you are right. I though that info could be seen but not acted upon without being logged in. I wonder if something changed because I thought that was different.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 9:17 AM - Response #4

Thank you Scott (and Jack). If this is how it must work (limiting the purchase process to logged in members only), then a better error message might be in order on the resulting page when signing in with the system password--which currently encourages continual loops back to the Sign In page. It is frustrating.

UPDATE: The "click to continue" page is now opening our "Donation Gift" page instead of returning to the Sign In screen. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I still have the difficulty of not being able to raise money from non-members. Had hoped the system password login would enable the purchase process too but, alas, not to be. Although I still don't understand "why" when admins have the option to set either restricted or unrestricted page access.

Note that this conversation is turning out to be closely related to my other thread, here: http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=89B8BA24-ECF4-BBD7-B960D2C565554E2C#89B8BA24-ECF4-BBD7-B960D2C565554E2C

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.