ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Liniks

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/29/13 04:56 AM Views: 872 Replies: 12
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 4:56 AM

We had our 50th last September. I am trying to make a link inactive for Reunion Info. I get a message that says "The following errors occured. 1. Web address must end with "htm".
Our's ends with cfm.

http://www.classcreator.com/Bloomington-Illinois-1962/class_index.cfm

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM - Response #1

Change your link from cfm to htm. That worked for me.
http://www.classcreator.com/Bloomington-Illinois-1962/class_index.htm

Scott Miller
www.gbhs1975.com

Edited 01/29/13 9:11 AM
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM - Response #2

But then do you have to write to all of the members to tell them the URL has changed? Seems like a lot of trouble for hiding one link. I am in 4 Class Creator sites and none of them end with "htm"

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM - Response #3

I've seen changing cfm to htm suggested as a solution on several threads. I'm unable to do that. I can remove the cfm but cannot type in htm. I can't type in anything. I'm using Windows8 and IE10 desktop.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM - Response #4

Same here. I am using Windows 7 and IE9

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM - Response #5

Milan Jackson wrote:

We had our 50th last September. I am trying to make a link inactive for Reunion Info. I get a message that says "The following errors occured. 1. Web address must end with "htm".
Our's ends with cfm.

http://www.classcreator.com/Bloomington-Illinois-1962/class_index.cfm

I'm actually assuming that you want to inactivate
http://www.classcreator.com/Bloomington-Illinois-1962/class_custom3.cfm

You got to go into Edit Site Pages | 50th Reunion Info the clink on EDIT LINKS button. You should see your link there. Just change the cfm to htm. Save..

To make sure this works I click on the menu to 50th Reunion Info to make sure it's changed to htm. Then you should be able to inactivate.

This is what I had to do after the UPDGRADE.

Hope this helps...Scott

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 2:57 PM - Response #6

I tried to delete our (past) Reunion page. I got a message that told me I could not delete it but I could deactivate it.

Which I did.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM - Response #7

Those who are having problems with editing the "cfm" to "htm" filenames might be having problems because the field length is currently set to 54 characters. Since most of you don't have a domain name, your path name is longer (it includes "www.classcreator.com/YOUR_SCHOOL_NAME" instead of a shorter domain name). This is the possible cause of your problems.

Brad has requested that the input field for the link be changed from 54 characters to more than double that length. This will probably resolve your problems.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM - Response #8

Kyle- Help me out here. We DO have a Domain name. I haven't had a problem changing cfm to htm. But I cannot delete our past reunion page.
Not a big deal since it is deactivated.
John

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM - Response #9

Those with the 54 character limit where they couldn't change the "cfm" to "htm", please try again. The field now doesn't have the 54 character limit.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM - Response #10

I just tried it with no luck, Kyle.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM - Response #11

Milan,

Maybe your browser cache needs to be reloaded. To do this, go to your browser's VIEW menu and choose RELOAD or REFRESH. You can also press the F5 function key on your keyboard.

We just tried it and it worked for us, so maybe your browser is showing you old data.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM - Response #12

I just tried it again and it worked. Thanks

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.