ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Survey

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/24/11 11:26 AM Views: 1307 Replies: 2
Monday, January 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I have built a new 2011 Reunion Survey

8 classmates have signed in and taken the survey without any problem. I have one classmate (Tom Ward) that signed in to the website and clicked on the button to take the survey (the password protect button is selected for this survey or page. He got a message that this page is password protected and he should signin before he can take the survey. He is already signed in.

He called me the administrator for the website and I went online and had him reboot his computer and sign on to the site again. I watched as his name came up as being loged on and he tried selecting the 2011 reunion survey and again he got a message that he must sign in to the website and put in his password before he can take the survey.

I went into manage classmates and changed his log on (email and password) he rebooted, logged on and still could not get into the survey. I then had him sign out, I went into edit site pages and removed the check on password protected page for that page, and he still could not get into the survey.

I had him log out and I logged out and went back in using his logon and password and got right into the survey. So I went ahead and took the survey in his name.

I know that this must be a problem with his computer since I was able to get into the site and survey using his login.

Have you any idea what the problem would be, is there any advise I can give him, ie; delete cookies or anything that might help him to get to this page. I had him check to see if he could get into any other password protected pages and he was able to get into some but not all of the password protected pages.

Help Help Help

Edited 01/24/11 11:37 AM
Monday, January 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM - Response #1

I've seen this happen as well, Randy.

I'm not sure about the reason, but I think that it happens when I am logged in on my browser and receive a notification through a "Contact Us" email and click the link in that "Contact Us" email I am asked to log in.

(The link opens a second instance of the browser.)

This doesn't appear to be your exact situation since it's clicking a link rather than receiving an email with a link.

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 2:02 PM - Response #2

This one is not a clear cut answer. Yes, it does seem to be an issue with the member's computer. Possibly, the cookie is not longer sticky or is old. Or his browser is set to not accept third party cookies. Be sure that his browser is set to accept cookies. Then have him clear all cache and cookies, close and reopen his browser to start a new session. This will likely resolve the issue. 99% of the time, this is the fix.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.