ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/22/14 07:06 PM Views: 841 Replies: 11
Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 7:06 PM

I want to make announcements its own page. I have not been able to find a way to do this. Any suggestions?

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 12:58 AM - Response #1

Please describe a bit more what you want to accomplish since you've created new pages - so that's not what you are looking for.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM - Response #2

George, if you visit my site, I think the way I have my pages is what you are wanting to do.. Classmates can see the Home page, but, have to log on to see announcements. The announcements are not on my Home page. I think if you go to Edit Pages, at the top, check Active and Logged in by Announcements, then Active and not logged in for the Home Page.. My system password is hotdog, if you want to look around my website..

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM - Response #3

I created a new page named announcements but I cannot find a way to add "annoucements" already configured to that page.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 9:10 PM - Response #4

So what page is your Announcements Page? Don't see it.

Friday, March 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM - Response #5

There is no separate page for announcements.. If a classmate visits the website, without logging on, they only see the home page which has information and pictures about the class of 1960. To be able to see the announcements and different pictures, which I change every couple of weeks or so, they have to log on, then they see the announcements at the top of the home page along with the info about the class. Most classmates just look at the website for the announcements,so I didn't want them to be able to view them without logging on..

Friday, March 28, 2014 at 1:21 PM - Response #6

I think I finally understand what you want. You want the "announcements" that are available for the home page to show up on a different page (not the home page).

Right now that's not possible. "Announcments" are only for the home page. But that's actually a good idea. Home pages can get a tad too busy so that would help keep them leaner and meaner.

The other solution is to create the content on your separate page, but then you don't have the added date features that maybe you are looking for?

George Starr wrote:

I created a new page named announcements but I cannot find a way to add "annoucements" already configured to that page.

Friday, March 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM - Response #7

George Starr wrote:

Just copy and paste the wording to your new page.

We've also created a custom page for announcements, which helps to declutter the home page. We call our page "Latest News."

Friday, March 28, 2014 at 8:51 PM - Response #8

Thanks for understanding. Announcements, if doing a Home Page edit, show up as a module. I want to remove that module from my home page and add it to a new page named "Announcments". Sounds like its not possible at this point. Hopefully later.

Friday, March 28, 2014 at 9:43 PM - Response #9

George Starr wrote:

Thanks for understanding. Announcements, if doing a Home Page edit, show up as a module. I want to remove that module from my home page and add it to a new page named "Announcments". Sounds like its not possible at this point. Hopefully later.

George,

I don't understand why you can't do this.

Create a custom page titled "Announcements" and add in the announcement material from your Announcements module. Either type it in from scratch or copy and paste it from the module.

Then, to inactivate the Announcements module on your home page: Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Edit Home Page > for the Announcements module uncheck the Active box.

You will now have exactly the same information displayed on a custom Announcements page and no longer see the Announcements module on your home page.

Edited 03/29/14 1:29 AM
Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 8:37 PM - Response #10

That's one way to do it. But you lose the capabilities of the module. Copy and past will not turn on or turn off announcments at pre-determined times. I was looking for a way to activate the announcements module on a page other than the home page. Thanks for all your input.

Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 8:48 PM - Response #11

George Starr wrote:

Copy and past will not turn on or turn off announcments at pre-determined times.

We don't use the Announcements module, so I'm unfamiliar with how you turn on or turn off announcements at predetermined times. On our Latest News page, we date each entry, and manually delete it when it reaches 60 days on the page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.