ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Manual Donations

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/28/24 06:34 PM Views: 86 Replies: 5
Sunday, January 28, 2024 at 6:34 PM

We are accepting donations via the registration process set up through Event Planner. Sometimes donations are made outside the registration process by check, cash, Venmo, or Zelle. How can we manually enter these donations so that they are included in the Event Donations Report in Event Planner without generating any invoices, emails or anything else?

Sunday, January 28, 2024 at 8:59 PM - Response #1

Hi Ed,

Go to Admin Functions > Donation Manager > Transactions and at the very bottom of transactions there is a manual donation option.

When you add it choose paying by check and then mark it as paid (it is an option in the manual donation package). If you wish you can also go back into the transaction after by choosing Transactions > Edit and add in how they paid on the notes section at the top of the transaction page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, January 28, 2024 at 11:52 PM - Response #2

Thank you, Jessica. I tried this using myself as a test (since deleted transaction). When you say there is a manual donation option at the bottom of the transactions list, are you talking about "Add donation on behalf of Classmate"?
I used this and chose pay by check but never saw an option to mark it as paid. Also, it generated two emails, one to me as the Classmate and one to the Admin (also me in this case). I'd rather not generate the first email to the Classmate. Can you help me with all of this? Thanks again.

Monday, January 29, 2024 at 9:57 AM - Response #3

Hi Ed,

I ran a few tests today and you are correct it doesn't have that option. The manual donation does send a receipt to the person you are entering the donation for and the admins who receive notifications.

You can mark it as paid after it has been entered by returning to Transactions > Edit

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, January 29, 2024 at 11:24 AM - Response #4

Thank you again for your help. Yes, I saw the receipts come through in email on a $10 donation by me. I assume that was your test. This method does make it show up on the Donations Report in Donations Manager but not in the Event Donations Report in Event Planner, which is fine as long as I now know how it works. However, these donations I want to log have already been made and automatically generated emails saying "You should make arrangements to pay your cash balance of $XX.XX if you have not already" just serve to confuse the classmate who donated. I will keep my own ledger of donations instead of trying to get them into the Donations Manager/Donations Report.
SUGGESTION:
Make the Manual Donations process work more like the Register a Classmate process in Event Planner Quicklinks including the options to mark as paid and whether or not to generate an email invoice/receipt to the donor.

Edited 01/29/24 11:56 AM
Monday, January 29, 2024 at 12:09 PM - Response #5

SUGGESTION:
Another way to achieve this might be to improve the Edit transaction function in Event Planner to include ability to add/change donations to a registration with options to mark as paid and whether or not to generate an email invoice/receipt.

I also tried to enter a donation only through the Event Planner registration process but you are not allowed to have zero attendees.

SUGGESTION:
Allow the Event Planner registration process to accept donations only with zero attendees. You would still need to enter the donor's name. This would be a way to add a donation after registration.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.