ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Unknown"

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/14/08 08:15 PM Views: 1512 Replies: 6
Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Hello,
Can we (admin) take off the "YEAR UNKNOWN" on the Memory page?
I do have some of the years, but not all and would rather list them all together without having the "YEAR UNKNOWN" on the page.

Having the "YEAR UNKNOWN" on the page looks like I didn't have complete information or that I didn't research my info.

Thank you.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 8:31 PM - Response #1

We're going to be making some updates to the In Memory area shortly. Until then I can make a quick change of that heading though to some other verbiage (this has been asked by a few others recently as well). Any recommendations on what to call the heading instead of YEAR UNKNOWN?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM - Response #2

How about having just 2 columns
Name Year Died

If we don't know the year leave it blank or
unknown .

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 10:22 PM - Response #3

Because initially people wanted to be able to see who's passed away recently. On large classes without a sort option for year it would be hard to tell. More sorting options are coming for that area. For now I can rename the YEAR UNKNOWN title to something else until we get to the upcoming In Memory tasks.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 2:06 PM - Response #4

I like it like it is. I've had feedback from classmates that knew the answer that I could not find in searches.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 8:23 PM - Response #5

I do like the idea of listing dates, but I guess I'd like the flexability of having a date or partial date if we only had a year, adjacent to the alphabetized names without separating them by a year.
If that could be done and still have it the way it is, would be ideal. That way, we could list them either way.
Or, could those with a profile select a sort. Either by name or date?

Thanks everyone for some good comments.

Edited 12/30/08 8:28 PM
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM - Response #6

Some sorting options are comin' up for the In Memory area.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.