ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Last Login in Manage classmates

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/14/08 06:54 PM Views: 3462 Replies: 22
Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM

I like the new feature that shows us when the classmate last logged in. What I don't like is that it says 'never' if the classmate hasn't logged in since a specific time which is less than a month ago. When I clicked it today, it said 'users who have not logged in since Nov. 18 will be listed as never' or something to that effect.

I like the feature, but I would like to see dates farther out - maybe listed as never if they have never logged in, but if they haven't logged in for 3 months or even 6 months, to provide a date that far back. I'd like to see when people last came to the website and the 'never' makes it difficult to distinguish the people who have never registered from active members and when those active members last logged on.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 6:58 PM - Response #1

Hi,

Since this a new feature, we weren't collecting this data prior to the 'never' date. As time goes on the never date will be farther past and the last login dates will become more and more accurate.

Cheers,

Dave

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 7:04 PM - Response #2

Dave Kauffman wrote:

Hi,

Since this a new feature, we weren't collecting this data prior to the 'never' date. As time goes on the never date will be farther past and the last login dates will become more and more accurate.

Cheers,

Dave

Although, I would like to see those people who don't have a profile or an email address to NOT show up on this list as their status will ALWAYS be NEVER.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 7:11 PM - Response #3

I've asked Rick if we can swap "NEVER" with the last Profile Update date if the Classmate is a Member who hasn't logged in prior to the 18th.

We do want to show the Classmates who aren't members. There's all kinds of reasons on that chart why somebody might want to see who's never logged in. Maybe they want to send an email to only those people. Or send them a written letter.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 7:15 PM - Response #4

Ok, but how about this compromise: At the top of the list have a link that says SHOW ALL CLASSMATES and another one that says SHOW ACTIVE CLASSMATES where "active" means they have a profile.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 7:16 PM - Response #5

Oh, and PLEASE can we have a sort option?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 7:20 PM - Response #6

Yes, but it might help if we send Rick some Christmas bribes.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 8:00 PM - Response #7

Brad Switzer wrote:

I'm over here in Fresno, CA - does he like raisins?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 8:07 PM - Response #8

Dave Kauffman wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

Dave

Ahhhh That makes sense!

Are you the one who is in charge of updates and errrr... bribes?? I still have Canadian maple syrup to send and I'm sure hoping the upgraded message boards will come to fruition soon! Wink

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 8:10 PM - Response #9

Brad Switzer wrote:

It's very snowy, cold and icy here in Brrrrrrr freeeezing Minnesota. If this pooor surgery recovering woman could brace herself to safely get through the snow and ice to the post office, she could send the pure Canadian maple syrup that's been reserved for all the nice and hard working people at class creator! Wink

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

I've asked Rick if we can swap "NEVER" with the last Profile Update date if the Classmate is a Member who hasn't logged in prior to the 18th.

We do want to show the Classmates who aren't members. There's all kinds of reasons on that chart why somebody might want to see who's never logged in. Maybe they want to send an email to only those people. Or send them a written letter.

That would be wonderful. Have I ever told you how much I love this site, all the hard work all you class creator people do, how you meet all our needs/demands with smiles and grace while providing us a free service and all you ask for in return is a few bribes?? Wink

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM - Response #11

Oh you think we're smilin' do ya? Someday I'm going to post a photo of the programmers looking at their Task Lists. Wink

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 1:23 AM - Response #12

Brad Switzer wrote:

Oh you think we're smilin' do ya? Someday I'm going to post a photo of the programmers looking at their Task Lists. Wink

I'd like to see that... it just may get maple syrup there alot faster! Wink

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 1:54 AM - Response #13

Well at this point I'm willing to try anything, as everything else has failed! It won't be long until we all have to resort to Mrs. Butterworth...

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 3:08 AM - Response #14

Brad Switzer wrote:

Well at this point I'm willing to try anything, as everything else has failed! It won't be long until we all have to resort to Mrs. Butterworth...

UMmmmm Mrs. Butterworth doesn't even pass the lips of this very patriotic Canadian!!! LOL

Thanks for making me spew Sierra Mist on my monitor!!! hahahahah!!!

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 2:37 PM - Response #15

Wow!!! thanks for the fabulous change to the last login info in Manage Classmates!!! It's AWESOME!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 2:03 PM - Response #16

Removing 'never' really cleaned up the page. Looks very nice now and not so busy. Good job!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM - Response #17

Hi Brad,
I've only just seen this feature and I do like it a lot but why are two of my deceased Classmates and one who hasn't created a Profile showing as having Logged In sometime? Spooky!
Mark

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 7:18 PM - Response #18

OOPS! It's because if a Profile was last updated prior to the time we started tracking last logins, instead of showing the word "Never" we replaced it with the date of the last profile update instead. Deceased Classmates do have Profile update dates....the updates were just made by you. Smile So now it's showing that as the last login date. Obviously we'll have to NOT show that if the Classmate is deceased...

Edited 12/16/08 7:19 PM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM - Response #19

Thanks Brad. No Dead Men Walking then? What a relief!

Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 5:21 PM - Response #20

Why do some of my classmates (ones that have not created a profile yet) have 01/01/00 listed as their last login date? I am not finding anything with this group of people that is different than the others without a profile (that don't show up as ever logging in). It is not a big deal, obviously, but it has me curious what that means.

THanks,
Michelle

PS LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this new feature! Thanks so much!

Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 7:23 PM - Response #21

hmmm...not sure why on this one but i fixed it Smile

Dave

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 2:34 PM - Response #22

As usual... Thanks again for such quick response!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.