ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unnecessary Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/08/17 07:54 PM Views: 705 Replies: 7
Friday, December 8, 2017 at 7:54 PM

All of a sudden I'm getting e-mail notifications that I've posted something on the site. In particular replies made to comments others have posted on my profile pictures.

I'll admit I'm getting long in the tooth but I really don't need to be told that I've posted something .................. at least not yet.

Friday, December 8, 2017 at 9:44 PM - Response #1

It's a catch 22... Obviously you know that you posted a comment, but... it's also a confirmation that a notification went out to those who have elected to receive it.
Given a choice, I'd vote for the confirmation. I have all notification options turned on, and I subscribe to everyone because I like to see an overview of what our site is doing - and sending.

Edited 12/08/17 9:46 PM
Friday, December 8, 2017 at 11:48 PM - Response #2

Responses people make to your post and any other comments others posted under your original post being sent to you as notifications reflects pretty much a standard design. FB does that in spades Smile

(I'm assuming you did not mean that your comment itself was sent back to you, only if others posted to that comment.)

Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 7:45 PM - Response #3

My comment itself was sent back to me.

Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 8:38 PM - Response #4

Yeah, that is in the "bugs" category Twisted Evil

F C Bock wrote:

My comment itself was sent back to me.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 1:32 PM - Response #5
Unnecessary Notifications.jpg

I responded to a comment left on one of my profile photos and once again got an e-mail notification of same. Additionally, had an alert when I logged on to the site.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 1:49 PM - Response #6

Yep. I agree and I'm reporting.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 9:27 PM - Response #7

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Yep. I agree and I'm reporting.

Happening again.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.