ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Souvenirs

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/29/11 09:04 PM Views: 1523 Replies: 11
Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 9:04 PM

hey, I wondering if anyone out there have some suggestions for a class reunion souvenir(s) gifts. we are the graduating class of 1967, so we have a few miles under our belts. whatever help or suggestions would be helpful

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 9:58 PM - Response #1

Class of 67 here too! Already started planning. We wanted to use the decorations as favors too. We are looking at putting little glass votives, possibly etched by one of my committee OR decals, with flameless blue candles, one at every seat. For the centerpiece, we are going with the 45 record as a partial theme with black placemat with label, tall candle in the center, possibly giveaway at the end of the evening.

Our theme is Home Again, Sunnyvale Revisited, but we are tying in the 45 record as it was first created in 1949, year most of us were born.

Other than that, we were thinking of mouse pads, coasters or key chains...all very inexpensive. Using your table decorations for favors is a whole lot cheaper!!!

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM - Response #2

For our 40th reunion in 2009; I had lanyards made in our school colors with the "CGCHS CLASS OF '69" Each guest got one to hold their laminated pictured nametags (for alumni's spouse we put their spouse's h.s. picture in there and outlined the nametag in red so they knew the guest was not a member of our class). It worked out wonderfully. Our alumni and their guest went home with a lanyard as a souvenir to use as a keyholder.

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM - Response #3

Hi Naomi,
Actually, I do. Ours is the graduating class of 1963 so we're not far ahead of you. At our reunion we're going to ask everyone to bring something native &/or unique to where they live now. Then we might raffle those items off or display them or give them away to different people as souveniers. Ours is a small school but even if yours is large I bet a committee could pick out the appropriate souvenier for each alumnus attending.
As an example, I live in AZ now. I'm going to bring some walking stick and/or canes homemade out of a century plants (lightweight, sanded, stained). My high school was in B'klyn, NY. We have alumni living in Colorado, Calif., Texas, Louisiana Georgia, Vermont, D.C., Virginia, about 4 from different parts of FLA., and about 8 still in New York state. The only time it might not work is if over 50% stayed in the same town. That's the only idea I have.
Good luck. Hope it helps. Idea
Barbara

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 10:39 PM - Response #4

At our 40th we gave out autograph books which had our yearbook design and included some yearbook group photos. It was a great hit. Classmates were able to write down their contact info and share momentoe memories.
julie
SLHS Class 1968

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 10:45 PM - Response #5

I like that idea, Julie. Thanks...How did you hand them out so that spouses and guests didn't get one?

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM - Response #6

We did laminated placemats that had pictures of the grade schools and junior highs, plus some local favorite spots.

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 11:18 PM - Response #7

As you can see, our colors are blue and gold and our logo is the indian head. For our 50th, we had small cellophane bags of blue and gold jelly beans tied with blue and gold curly ribbon. They also had the indian head printed on blue paper with a small gold feather glued in place on each of the bags. These were placed at each setting. One of our committee members, Mr. Ed, has lots of rock and roll music from our high school years. He created cds and they were given to each classmate as they left the reunion. We also had a photographer taking pictures for a mini year book that you could purchase and have sent to you after the reunion.

Glenn Ellen

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 11:52 PM - Response #8

Hi. Instead of spending money on buying souvenirs, we created the following for our 40th reunion mementos which we thought would be more meaningful and better appreciated:

1) Name badges with our senior photos from the year book, and a

2) 40th Reunion Commemorative Journal (since many alums couldn't locate their year books after 40 years.) We partially paid for this expense by selling ads to alums.

"Good Luck!"

Karen, Class of '71

Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 11:55 AM - Response #9

At the beginning when classmates received their badges, I attached the name tag to the autograph book.

This was a hit with the classmates because it encouraged interaction.

Good Luck
Julie

Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 12:58 PM - Response #10

We made Christmas ornaments from clear glass balls (available at craft stores) with ribbon of our class colors inside and our class year painted on the outside.

Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 8:21 PM - Response #11

I would like to thank everyone for all their suggestions. what creative ideas, I would never had been able to come up with nearly the sort. I plan to try and incorporate all suggestions in some form. Hummmmmm, 1949 the year of my birth, I didn't know that was the year of the 45. a bit of nostalgia thanks. again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.