ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Credit for referral

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/16/10 09:16 AM Views: 2405 Replies: 13
Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I am getting ready to pay for my site, at the conclusion of my free trial. How do I credit the folks who referred me. . .I can't find a promo code on their site. Thanks.
Allison

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 1:41 PM - Response #1

There are 2 ways you can ensure the referring sites gets their $50 credit:

1) Use their Refer a Friend link. They can give this to you directly (such as emailing it to you and you can click it), or if they are running the Class Creator banner on their home page you can simply click it. When you do, a tracking mechanism is automatically engaged, and when you subscribe the credit will be applied to the referring site.

2) You can enter their promo code at the time of signup. They can get this for you by clicking their Subscription link and then clicking the Refer a Friend Program link. On the resulting page is their promo code.

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 1:45 PM - Response #2

Not sure I can reach them in time to do this for tomorrow, but I'll try. Is there any way to do it after the fact?

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 1:49 PM - Response #3

Give me the name of the school and class year who referred you and I'll give you their promo code. The Refer a Friend system is all automated thus unfortunatley doing it after the fact is difficult -- much better to enter code at time of signup.

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM - Response #4

#1 only seems to work if you have not yet created your site. I am at the end of my free trial. Thanks.
Allison

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 1:53 PM - Response #5

It's Bowie High School Class of 1979. Here's the link to their site.

http://www.classcreator.com/Bowie-MD-1979/class_classmates.cfm

Thanks Brad!!

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 1:55 PM - Response #6

No, #1 will work at any time. The second you click that link something called a cookie is placed on your own computer. When you sign up the cookie (if present) is ready by the signup form and the credit is automatically applied to the referring site. It's as simple as that. Don't let the fact that clicking the link takes you to our web site fool you. If you've clicked it you're all set already.

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 1:58 PM - Response #7

Okay, I'll give it a go if I don't get that code in time. How can I confirm that it worked?

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 2:41 PM - Response #8

ON THEIR refer a friend link (found under SUBSCRIPTION), they will have listed your website and that a check is on the way. There is nothing you can do on your site to confirm that it worked.

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 3:07 PM - Response #9

Okay, I told them to be on the lookout for it. If there is a problem I will post again. Thanks.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 12:56 AM - Response #10

I have referred several people to your site. Unforuntely for me, I have only been paid on 2. The third person didn't use my code but is within is 7 days free trial. Do we cancel and open a new site or can you give me credit for jfk91.com using this promo code M622994?

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 1:24 AM - Response #11

One thing we have to insist on is that the referral process be automated. Which means:

1) The referred site comes from a Class Creator banner ad that you've activated on your home page, or
2) The referred site enters your Promo Code at the time of their sign up.

We cannot do retroactive referrals after people have already subscribed. In your case to be on the safe side here, just have them enter your Promo Code when they subscribe. You can get this code by clicking your Refer a Friend link on your site.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM - Response #12

I have the code. When they subscribe, that is when they pay? Since they have the site up and running, is too late, or is when they pay it has to be enterred?

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 1:30 AM - Response #13

It's when they actually pay. That's what I mean by "subscribe." Until somebody is a subscribing (paying) member they are just in 7 day free trial mode. So while anyone is still in that mode it's not too late for you to get your referral. When they click their Subscription link to sign up, there is a box for them right there to type in your Promo code. They type it in, you get $50.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.