ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

blow out on Firefox only

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/25/10 08:18 PM Views: 1449 Replies: 9
Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Hi Kyle or Brad,

Other site users have reported a blowout on our home page so I just tested our site on Firefox because I've been using Safari. Why is there a blowout on the home page on one and not the other? The largest image is 380 px.

Something else going on?

Thank you,

Donna

Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 11:20 PM - Response #1

Here's a tip most people don't know: When you know for sure you have an Announcement causing your home page to blow out, which we know in your case, but you don't know which specific Announcement is the culprit, do this:

1) Click Post Announcement
2) Click the Announcement name instead of the Edit link

This will preview your home page with ONLY that specific Announcement. Makes it really easy to find precisely which Announcement is the problem. And then you can scrutinize just that one to find the problem. In your case you correctly sized your image in your Welcome announcement to fit correctly, but you didn't factor in the large red border you added to it. That did it.

Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM - Response #2

Hi Brad,

Good to hear from you. Thanks much!

I did learn how to make a table, move an image into it and color the border today. Kyle sent instructions. Just widened it a bit to make it look better thus causing the blow out. Always something isn't it? What is the width limit then for Firefox?

Donna

Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM - Response #3

The width limit is the same for all browsers and can be found in this thread. All browsers just handle objects that don't fit differently.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 1:28 PM - Response #4

Wizard Switzer wrote:

1) Click Post Announcement
2) Click the Announcement name instead of the Edit link

The Announcement names on my sites are not clickable...what am I missing?

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 1:46 PM - Response #5

Yes they are. Make sure you're actually in Announcement edit mode. And then click the Announcement names in the second column.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 1:58 PM - Response #6

Mine are not clickable.

Edited 04/26/10 2:53 PM
Monday, April 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM - Response #7

Oh, that's because they're only clickable for me. Smile I didn't realize the Programmer only made this work for me as a diagnostic tool. There's no reason it shouldn't work for everyone though. I'm having him activate these for everybody.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM - Response #8

Super!!!

Thanks bunches! Very Happy

Am also wondering if we are going to get that pretty facelift back (announcements edit page), or does it still have issues?

Edited 04/26/10 3:03 PM
Monday, April 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM - Response #9

WOW!!! That was fast!! And it's fantastic, thank you again!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.