ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

link to a page directly from homepage?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/11/11 08:05 AM Views: 1273 Replies: 2
Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Is there a way to link from text on the home page directly to a page that one can also get to via a tab (link) on the leftside menu bar? On our site < http://milwaukeewashington100.com > we have a statement asking people to click on 100th Anniv Gala. Can this be made into a link which will go to the reunion page? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see linking to another page on the site as an option. We have complaints that people want to be able to click on that and not have to find the third item down from the top on the left (seems trivial, but then again people are much more used to clicking on text, particularly something that is highlighted). Thx

Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 8:58 AM - Response #1

Yes, here is how to do it.
Copy the URL you want to go to when you click on the text
Edit Site Pages
Edit home page
select the text you want to become a link
Click on INSERT/EDIT LINK (2nd row of icons, 7th from right side, looks like a world with two chain links in front)
Paste the URL
Save the link
Save changes in the home page
Test the link to see if it works.

Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 6:13 PM - Response #2

You can also just add the link after the text. People recognize that it is a link when they see the hand icon while hovering over the link. I don't do this anymore, as its more fun to make the text the link, or to turn a picture into a link. I have done this on my home page, DavWest71.com. I have linked an outside page, our class's Facebook group page. I have linked to a free download site for our entire class yearbook. I have linked to user created pages. One is to a LiveStream page, which allows the classmate to go to our LiveStream.com account. People from Florida to Arizona, who were not able to attend our Reunion, were able to participate live and chat with those who were there. Finally, I had linked to the order page for tickets to the Reunion. This is now turned off, because the Reunion is over, and has been replaced by a "picture link" to our new Reunion Gallery. All of these things can be reached by clicking on pictures or text on the homepage, instead of having to select from the left side menu. Play around with the link making functions on your own "Edit Home Page" area. Have fun.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.