ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile Pause or suspend

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/18/19 02:16 PM Views: 448 Replies: 5
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 2:16 PM

Is there a way to put a person on suspend? I recently had an issue with a classmate changing out their profile and I am not convinced they did it. I haven't been able to get ahold of them and it may be awhile until they get back to me.
In the meantime, if the profile was breeched, they would have full access to website.
It would be helpful to pause/suspend a profile until further notice.
The only other option is to re-set classmate.
Thanks! Meg

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 5:48 PM - Response #1

Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Details > Edit Primary Email Address > Delete it and save... the result will be that they will not be able to log in. You may also want to tell us who they are so we can force a logout on our end as well.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 6:07 PM - Response #2

The ability to 'suspend' an account has been requested multiple times over the years, but it doesn't happen often but was never popular enough to get any traction.

Removing their email address will 'suspend' them (leaving their profile untouched) since they won't be able to log in. Copy their address to the Admin Notes box so you can add it back later once you contact them.
You might also want to temporarily change them to to a "Hidden" member. That way nobody can hijack their name from the missing list where it might have popped up after removing their email address (depending on how you set your 'missing' settings).

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 7:45 AM - Response #3

Thank you for responding. It seems that the original joiner was not who they claimed to be!! I emailed the original email as well as the updated one (remember I said they changed profile stuff). I received a response from the original email person and it was NOT the classmate saying that they think they were hacked and to remove their email so as not to get mailings. I am not sure what the heck happened now but do know that neither one of the emails is connected to the classmate. I am suspecting the hacker is the one telling me they were hacked!
I have no other way to contact the classmate. I suspect it was a "fake" join. I did have the setting to verify but I slipped and didn't do my usual check. That part is on me. However, I am still seeing that our website "http" is still not secure. Even when I go on to ones profile it still is not changing out to https.
This bothers me a LOT! I am on IE browser version 10. and I just checked my chrome browser. BOTH are NOT SECURE no matter where I go on the website! Help!

Edited 06/19/19 7:46 AM
Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 8:48 AM - Response #4

All financial transactions and all sign-in (password) pages are secure. Any place where it needs to be secure, it is secure. We are working on a solution to get rid of the "Not Secure" that shows up on the browsers.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 11:08 AM - Response #5

While that warning is annoying (and even scary to some), you'll notice that going to admin options such as Manage Classmates or Edit Site Pages is secure. For Members, going to Edit Contact Info is secure. And, of course, logging in or financial transactions are secure.

That said, viewing normal web site pages - and profile views - are not encrypted. But we can restrict pages to limit access to logged in members, and the members have the option to block access to their profile for anyone but logged in classmates. For anyone who's concerned , explaining what is 'secure', what is only viewable to logged in members, and what's encrypted when it's necessary has gone well here.

As Kyle says, for the most part, any parts of our web sites which need to be 'secure' already are.

Edited 06/19/19 11:10 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.