ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Text runs off page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/02/10 11:24 PM Views: 1263 Replies: 2
Monday, August 2, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I have quite a bit of text in the second half of a Section/Page that I named Fractured Fax. I thought that it originally fit well on the page. However, now several sections of the text, run off the right side of the page. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing will keep it all on the page. It was bold, and I took that off, it was much larger text, and I radically reduced that, I tried left and full justification, changing to another "Heading" size.

Got any idea how I can fix this problem?

Edd

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM - Response #1

There is so much source code on that page that I'm not sure where to begin looking. Also, (I'm not sure, But) I suspect that a lot of this was copied from another source, like originally created in Microsoft Word, copied and then pasted onto the page. This adds tons of "extra/bad" code to the page.

My recommendation:

1 - Make sure all the photos are located in the file vault. Write them down if necessary so you can remember where to find them all.
2 - copy the text content and paste it in to a Notepad file. Open the Notepad program and use that to hold your text until you are ready to copy it again and paste it back onto the page.
3- Copy any 3rd party code from the source of the page (if there is any and save that in the notepad file to retrieval as well.
4- Click on the source button, Select All (CTRL+A), Delete the entire page of source code.
5 - Click Save Changes. Remember you do have access through the page history feature if you want to go back.
6 - Begin the layout again. Add your copy first to the page. Then insert your photos and finally any 3rd party apps.

By Copying and Pasting your text from Notepad, there should be no text formatting that is occurring. Use the editor window to format your text as you please.

I'm sure this is not what you wanted to hear, but to be honest, this is what I would have to do to fix this page. The above steps are exactly how I would go about fixing the page.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 7:14 PM - Response #2

Yeah, I didn't want to hear that, but it needs fixing and if that is the fix, I'll just plan a long evening or night. I copied a good bit of this from my wife's 1965 site, and it looked good when it first went in. Oh well. Thanks very much for your time and assistance. Edd

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.