ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Alumni Site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/19/13 03:25 PM Views: 850 Replies: 3
Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM

What is the latest information concerning using class creator to create an alumni site? I have read some of the 2010-11 threads on the subject. After a very successful 50th reunion, thanks to CC, interest from both the school and classmates has increased .

Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 5:24 PM - Response #1

Many good ideas were submitted here, as it sounds like you've read. After the Facebook app launches we'll be looking to include multi year (alumni) sites in Phase II of the Facebook project. At that time the alumni system must be mirrored on the Class Creator side so it can all function together. Note Facebook app will not be required to use the alumni tools when this is done (it will be into 2014). Bottom line is essentially the current multi year admin will become a "super user" of sorts, and will be able to assign (if desired) unique root admins to the individual class years. In this way the root admin of each class year can run the class very much like single year admins do now; however, the super user will have control over the entire school and all individual root admins.

Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad,
Glad the topic is still in plans.. I guess I should start by adding another graduating year to my website, assign an admin for that particular year and give them basically the same privileges as I have and let them enter data as they desire. Is there a limit to the amount of data they could enter? Assume they would beable to create gallery's particular to their own class. I guess I could change the name of my website to Alumni and have admins enter their info so when the transition to theofficialalumni site next year. Am I heading down the right path?

Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM - Response #3

Admins per year are not supported yet. All admins you add will be multi-year admins and if you give access to Manage Classmates, they will be able to manage ALL classmates. All galleries will be multi-year galleries. Gary, I don't think it will be as soon as you think, so maybe you might want to wait on adding another graduating year. But the choice is yours.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.