ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory -of course-

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/25/10 12:02 PM Views: 1181 Replies: 3
Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM

This could be just my site or even just my computer but I had a little problem with loading In Memory info.
When I see an obit in the paper I copy it and scan pic if there is one and post. I then create an email to all. I copy all along with the link and past and send. Today I tried to paste after copying from site and it would not load. I then saved as a Word doc and it loaded. It does not matter to me that I had to do it this way I just thought there may be an issue going on because I have never had to do it this way before.
Thanks

Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM - Response #1

Sorry Ray, I do not understand. Are you saying that after creating a new In Memory entry you're highlighting and copying the web address, and then pasting that address into an email to the class? And when they click on the link the page won't load? If that's the case, what is the exact link you're pasting into the email?

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 8:13 PM - Response #2

Sorry, I sometimes confuse myself.

I mean that I copy all the information under the persons' name which includes the obit. I also copy the link I then put both into an email. In order to do this I usually copy the link first, and then put that in a Word Doc. Then I copy everything else under the persons' name and paste that into the email. The email will have the entire obit notice and also the link. The reason I do this is so that it makes it easy for someone to click on the link in order to enter a comment. What happened the other day was I could not copy the info and paste into the email, I had to paste everything into Word and then copy it there and paste it in the email. Like I said it could have been my computer, it does do strange things sometimes but I could not get it to copy from this site back to this site. Anyway, I will let you know if it happens again.

Brad Switzer wrote:

Sorry Ray, I do not understand. Are you saying that after creating a new In Memory entry you're highlighting and copying the web address, and then pasting that address into an email to the class? And when they click on the link the page won't load? If that's the case, what is the exact link you're pasting into the email?

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM - Response #3

Ok great. Yea, it sounds like some type of weird local copy and paste issue. Computers will be computers..

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.