ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Unnecessary Results Email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/28/15 04:41 PM Views: 818 Replies: 2
Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 4:41 PM

We recently created a survey for alumni response and for some reason unknown to us, the default appears to be that everyone gets sent an email daily that there are new survey results. In the beginning, cute .. but after a while, irritating as we've received many emails as to why they keep receiving this. So far it seems the only way is for users to stop it by modifying their personal notications page .. but two questions .. 1) why is it even on by default and 2) why can we (admins) not change it either individually or globally?

Thx
George

Monday, March 2, 2015 at 3:42 PM - Response #1

All members see and can review their Notify Me settings during the join process to the site. They are the only ones who can change their settings. You can let you members know how to access their Notify Me setting and make adjustments via the Notify Me link under their Member Functions.

Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 2:57 PM - Response #2

Hi Scott - we realize that; but typically in systems, the default is off with users able to opt in. Its just a mystery as to why it was programmed this way .. getting the word out to 1600+ members makes for what I consider unnecessary work.
Thx
George

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.