ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Tips for finding unlocated classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/08/09 12:52 PM Views: 1901 Replies: 4
Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I think I have seen this topic on site but don't know where now.

Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 3:45 PM - Response #1

See FAQ #9

Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM - Response #2

Dave I have had a lot of luck finding classmates. First I check the easy things like white pages. I also do a search with Zaba search. Sometimes you can find them by cross referencing them. If you find them on Zaba and then double check them with whitepages you can figure out where they are. I also do a google search of their name. That brings up a lot of information that is helpful. If you have where they worked you can find them. Teachers are the easiest; go to the school site and look them up and they have email contacts for them. I also check obituary information. Ohio has obit information that you can at least see if they are alive. Once I have established a few phone numbers I start calling. It is time consuming but I have found a lot of them, just by calling and asking if they are a graduate of this class. Once you get the real person take their email address and tell them you will send them the link to the class. That way you avoid spam blockers. After I send them the link I add their email to their profiles and move on. Some will join right away and some it takes time. But at least you have their email and they might receive mass emails. There is a great program called Americans deaths and Reference USA that I got thru the library. That was very helpful too. If your local library doesn't have it check other ones. I had to go to the library 10 miles away to get my card. But once I had it I could do my searching from home. Also check family obits. Some of them have contact me options and you can find classmates who signed the guestbook for a classmates parent. If you want to find them bad enough you can locate them. Also try classmates.com you can find married names of some of the women that is helpful and facebook is always a good source. I also add a milk carton picture of them on the homepage asking for any information. We have over 300 classmates and I have about 20 I am still looking for. But I will find them!! Happy Hunting

Edited 10/08/09 6:36 PM
Friday, October 9, 2009 at 11:43 AM - Response #3

Thanks Ann, for sharing this good information.

Friday, October 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM - Response #4

Ann Wise wrote:

..... We have over 300 classmates and I have about 20 I am still looking for. But I will find them!! Happy Hunting

Good suggestions Ann. We'll check out the library.

Our class from 1959 had 640 and we have found all but 34 (81 are deceased). 374 have profiles on our website.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.