ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Guest as co-admin for Survey Maker

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/24/12 06:18 AM Views: 1223 Replies: 7
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 6:18 AM

I will soon have a guest member that is a Writer for our local newspaper. Would have her as co-admin, but only edit a particular Survey Maker titled: Cindy's "Memories" with no access to the other Survey Maker titles. Is this possible?

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM - Response #1

No, if you give her access to surveys, she can access all the surveys.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 2:36 PM - Response #2

I'd like the same thing, Don... that includes class lists on multi-sites and maybe more. One day, I say... one step at a time for all good things coming our way. Smile

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 6:04 AM - Response #3

OK, I'll just have her use the Post Announcement and I will move the info to the proper survey tab, Thanks Kyle

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 6:07 AM - Response #4

Gwen, You can have a co-admin for a particular class and designate certain things they can do. I have a co-admin for just class of 1966.

Edited 07/25/12 6:10 AM
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM - Response #5

Don,

You cannot have a co-admin that can Manage Classmates Only for one year. If you say that they can Manage Classmates, they can manage classmates for both 1966 and 1967, 1968, 1969, etc. What Gwen is requesting, I think, is to be able to assign years to the Manage Classmates feature so that the admin can only admin the specified years.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 6:29 AM - Response #6

OK I was wrong on a certain class ad-min.....I just checked the box for "Email The Class"(manage classmates is not checked) under admin functions so they can email those in their class year(66),but they can also email others.

Friday, July 27, 2012 at 11:20 PM - Response #7

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Don,

You cannot have a co-admin that can Manage Classmates Only for one year. If you say that they can Manage Classmates, they can manage classmates for both 1966 and 1967, 1968, 1969, etc. What Gwen is requesting, I think, is to be able to assign years to the Manage Classmates feature so that the admin can only admin the specified years.

Kyle is right. I'm hoping it is on the wish list... up towards the top of the list. Wink

I added an admin today who I believe is going to be just fine... once she gets through the learning process. I showed her some basics using TeamViewer while on the phone today. During our call, I made a point of stating my basic guidelines and that I expect them to be followed. Simply put...
- Each admin given access to their class list is able to view other class profiles. It does not matter if your husband, brother, cousin or best friend asks... 'Will you get me Joe Doe's phone number off the web site?'...the answer is NO. If the person asking is registered, they can look for it. If it is not posted for other classmates to see, there is no reason to look to see if there is one. Admins are NOT allowed to give any information from a classmate's profile page. However, an admin can reply, "I cannot give that info but will be happy to give him/her your contact info, if you would like - providing there is a way I can contact the person you'd like to reconnect with." I have a rough draft to edit and will be providing this to new admins with a reply requested that they understand and will not give classmate info to anyone other than their class reunion chair. (Or something like that.) I take the privacy of all our members very seriously. Guess you can tell, eh? Cool

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.