ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Christmas Music

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/08/11 01:16 PM Views: 1458 Replies: 8
Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 1:16 PM

I have created a page "Merry Christmas" where members will be able to see Christmas greetings. I would like to attach some Christmas so when this page is opened the music will start to play. any ideas? Also, how do I give members access to publish their own or is it better to send to the administrator to post.

Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 1:27 PM - Response #1

Hi Naomi,

Please see our FAQs page at: http://classcreator.com/faqs.cfm#thirdparty for ideas on including music and other things on your page.

Members who are not admins cannot post content except to photo galleries and announcements, and only when allowed by the admins.

Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM - Response #2

Naomi,
Playlist.com, Mixpod.com and www.Flashwidgetz.com all have great options that are fairly user-friendly and easy to instal on your site. If you hear/see some music on other site's playlists, just click on the "add" button and it will add the song to your playlist also. The options are only limited by your imagination, and a few copyrights!
You can ask your classmates for ideas, songs,you-tubes,etc for a variety of input also! they can post on a forum or send you an "announcement".
Music really makes the season, and the mood...Have FUn and let the music play!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Edited 12/08/11 5:01 PM
Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM - Response #3

Naomi check out my site and see if this is what you want, if it is I'll email you the code so you can copy and paste to your website. Once you go to our site, scroll down a little ways past the pictures of the birthday folks to see what music is on the playlist. You do not have to sign in on our site to hear the music, let me know what you think. Hope this will help you.

Edited 12/08/11 5:50 PM
Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM - Response #4

I love your site. I need help and it gave me lots of ideas, thanks. How did you get that Playlist on your site? I've tried following the instructions and it doesn't work for me.
So I posted the my playlist web site and as a link. but I'd really rather have it show up on the home page or on a custom link. Help please?

Arlene :

Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 8:16 PM - Response #5

Naomi,

I use the Playlist that Kris suggested. It is easy to embed on all your different pages. I have a lot of Christmas music on my site now if you want to check it out. www.stephenfaustin-59.com. You can also add themed pictures to the Playlist like what I have. My Playlist is at the bottom of the Home Page. Let me know if you need help.
Esther

Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 8:21 PM - Response #6

Yes, Yes, great site. So how did you get that little box at the beginning with the Christmas music on there?

Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 9:45 PM - Response #7

Arlene, I went playlist.com, signed up, got a password and went to the page to make a playlist. Once I got the music I wanted the playlist site will give you a code to copy and paste to your site. To do that you will need to use the source button where you edit your home page.I put it in new announcement and opened the page and thats where you will find the source button. Shoild you have any questions, I can talk you through it, you can call me if want, just let me know and I'll give you the number.

Friday, December 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM - Response #8

That would be wonderful, I'd be so appreciative. You can e-mail your phone # at hunsingers813@gmail.com
let me know what would be a good time to call you.

thank you so very much,

Arlene Hunsinger

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.