ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

A possible virus!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/15/10 06:46 PM Views: 1364 Replies: 4
Friday, January 15, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Brad,

One of my classmates opened an email today, that I sent out to the class about a week ago and when she did her computer went nuts! A big list flashed up on her computer that had a lot of different things listed. She said it happened so fast she could hardly read it, but she stated it was about worms, trojans, computer infected and all sorts of things. After it flashed this list her computer screen went green and froze up. She had problems getting her computer to do much of anything after this happened (once she finally got it turned back on).

She is the first classmate to complain that something, anything, had happened to their computer after something to do with the class site!

I am of course on our site a lot and nothing has ever happened to me, is it possible that something from our site or Class Creator may have caused this? Confused

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 6:58 PM - Response #1

I know for a fact that I have seen that question in here before and can answer for Brad. Class Creator is a virus-free website and I have never had a problem with anything affiliated with CC. I did get a virus on my computer several months ago due to animations I saved in my computer.

I can honestly say it was just a coincidence for your classmate and it most likely came from another source on her computer.

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM - Response #2

Thanks Dawn, I was pretty sure I had read the same thing somewhere once too, but I couldn't find it and that is pretty much what I told the classmate, but I wanted to double check anyways because she asked me too! I just got off the phone with her a couple of minutes ago and after talking to her I don't feel that it was from our site.

I am very happy with Class Creator and I know our members are too! Thank you again! Very Happy

P.S. It couldn't be from anything I may have copied or loaded to my site could it have?

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 8:34 PM - Response #3

Dawn is correct, and of course we don't put viruses, spyware, malware or anything else in our system. For something to be in there we'd have to put it in ourselves, and obviously we would never do that. Whatever happened was totally coincidental and had nothing to do with our system.

Having said that though, one very important thing to understand is if YOU, the Administrator, put in third party source code on your site, those objects absolutely could contain a virus. It's rare, and the user would still usually have to click something or install something to get infected, and this is generally very unliekely. I'm just pointing out it's possible. If you're going to use third party ojbects on your site that are not native to our system, you'll want to be sure those objects come from a reputable source.

Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM - Response #4

Thank you Brad & Dawn! I will surely let her know! I was sure it wasn't anything to do with CC anyways, just needed to ask. Thank you for all you do! Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.