ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Bounced Emails

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/09/12 12:27 PM Views: 2421 Replies: 19
Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

When a classmates email bounces but the email is valid. How can you remove the "Bounced" tag from the classmate profile?

Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM - Response #1

There are instructions that the classmate needs to follow when they log in the next time. Or you can use the CONTACT US and send us the classmate's name and we can reset the flag.

Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM - Response #2

Where does this show up?

Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM - Response #3

When a classmate who has an e-mail that bounced logs in, there is a box at the top of the screen above the home page contents. It tells them the directions they need to follow to fix the problem.

Monday, June 11, 2012 at 1:53 PM - Response #4

Does it still show up if we remove them from the bounced list?

Is there a way to run a report of all who are in "Bounced" status?

Thanks

Monday, June 11, 2012 at 2:37 PM - Response #5

There is currently no means to generate a list of the bounced members, but it seems like that should be fairly straightforward to add to the report options in Manage Classmates. I'll pass it along for review.

Friday, June 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM - Response #6

Kyle Erickson wrote:

When a classmate who has an e-mail that bounced logs in, there is a box at the top of the screen above the home page contents. It tells them the directions they need to follow to fix the problem.

I am having the same problem and I am the administrater of the site. the person who is over the reunion next time has permission to be on like me. he sent all the class an email and mine bounced. should I , like was said, delete all the 15 people in the bounced list.? my email is right i don't know what to fix. help

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM - Response #7

Faye,

Your email address is blocked because no mail from our servers will be delivered there. Your ISP uses a spam-prevention tool which considers us to be spammers, and we have been unsuccessful in convincing them otherwise. The best course for you is to open a free gmail account and use that address for your contact address on the website.

In most other cases, the email is bouncing because the address is legitimately bad, and the more often we send email to addresses which return bounce messages when we do, the higher the chances that we will be regarded as spammers by the ISPs receiving those messages.

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM - Response #8

The email system is from our City of Spanish Fork Community Network. We have others on the site, as you may have noticed (or maybe not) with the same email. What do I do with them as getting on the system? without changing their email address that is........

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM - Response #9

It is unlikely that any messages from our systen will be delivered to addresses at sfcn.org so anyone using an address there is encouraged to set up an alternate address at gmail for the purpose of using the website.

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM - Response #10

How do I fix the others that are not with SFCN?

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM - Response #11

If those addresses are valid, then have the classmates log in and then click the link at the top of the home page that will send them a verification email. When they receive the verification email and click the link it contains, then the block will be removed.

Also, you might want to contact the email administrator or tech support at sfcn and tell them that they are blocking non-spam email and to please stop.

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM - Response #12

That sounds like a good idea... do i have to change my login address now to the gmail one because it is still letting me in with the old set up?

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM - Response #13

Your primary address is your login ID, and even if that address is not valid it won't prevent you from logging in.

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM - Response #14

Thank you, you had me scared for a minute. I lost you and my class creator. BUT! now I am in and my email is fixed. I talked to the city and he was explaining that you probably have a shared server and if you have alot of spam on your server from others then they can't (or won't) unblock you because it will give them thousands of other spam. he will call me to tell me what they can do, if anything.
Thanks for all your help, it is well appreciated. Faye

Edited 06/18/12 6:21 PM
Monday, June 18, 2012 at 6:24 PM - Response #15

Eric,
I just talked to Spanish Fork and they said they couldn't do anything from this end. He suggested for you to contact your Web Host on the email server and see if things could be fixed from that end. He checked classcreator.com and found that your IP address has been blocked once and your email IP server has been blocked three times. I don't know alot about what I just said, I was passing it along..
Thanks again.
Faye
PS how do I get my high school picture off and my up to date picture (that is in my profile)on here. I already marked it as (Senior moment) something important!?

Edited 06/18/12 6:25 PM
Monday, June 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM - Response #16

Faye,

you can set up your gmail.com account to be a forwarding e-mail account to your "sfcn.org" e-mail account. If you do that, you would still login to the reunion website with your "gmail.com" account, but if anyone sent you a message through the website, it would automatically be forwarded to your "sfcn.org" e-mail account.

I have several "sfcn.org" classmates on my website, too. I have encouraged them to use a different e-mail provider if they want to get messages from the website.

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM - Response #17

In other words things are the same as they have been, which is fine with me., Correct me if I'm wrong: I just need to email them, not through the site, and tell them to get a free email from wherever they would like to open up their class creator. Then they can, from there, set up a forward and they would receive it in their SFCN email. Hopefully it won't be too confusing to do.
Thanks, how do I get my high school picture off here.?
Faye

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM - Response #18

Faye Hall wrote:

Thanks, how do I get my high school picture off here.?
Faye

Go to the top of this page and click on "My Settings." You can change it there.

Monday, June 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM - Response #19

Thank you so much! appreciate it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.