ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding other Graduating Years

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/23/09 10:19 AM Views: 1189 Replies: 5
Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:19 AM

I have had several people from other graduating years want to join as guest members. I know how to do this so no problem.

I have considered adding a couple of graduating years to my site. I know how to do this. However, a warning message comes up saying something to the effect of that you have to start from scratch if you do not like the appearance of adding other classes. Yikes! It seems so final that I am scared to try since site looks good and functions very well now.

What would it look like? Would it be way different than now? Is it way more difficult to manage? Is there an example I could see?

Thanks-- and thanks for the GREAT website!
Mindy

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM - Response #1

The main thing that happens when you switch to multi mode is your Classmates are grouped by year throughout your site. For instance on your Classmate Profiles page rather than seeing a list of names you'l see a list of years. In terms of look and functionality everything remains the same. If you want to add more years you'll have to press that scary button. Smile

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM - Response #2

My site is a multi-year site if you want to check it out.
I believe if you have smaller classes you can choose to not have it grouped by year on the class profiles page.

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:36 AM - Response #3

That's correct. On multi sites if you have less than 4,500 Classmates toatl you can still opt to show all of the Classmates on the same page and skip the year breakdown.

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:50 AM - Response #4

Thanks so much. Doesn't seem so scary now.

Since my site is primarily for my class, if I skip the break down of years, will it just look like now but then scroll down to other years like it does for Guest Members? Is there a way to arrange so that my year, 1987 appears before years I add (like 1986)?

Also, will registered users be able to view among the different years?

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 11:01 AM - Response #5

Yes, all registered users from all years will be able to access your entire site. No, there is now way to put just your class out of order and show it at the top. All Classes are arranged by year from lowest to highest.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.