ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/17/13 11:13 PM Views: 789 Replies: 10
Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Hello Everyone

It has been awhile. I like the new features although have not had too many hiccups until now. In the "missing classmate" box on the homepage. I use to just plug in the missing persons email and an email would be sent to that person. In doing so tonight, the system seems to be defaulting to Microsoft Outlook (which I do not use) is there a way getting around this?
Thank you!

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM - Response #1

The Missing Classmates box is just telling your browser to open the default email program on your computer in order to send the message. Your computer is currently configured to use Outlook by default. If that is not your primary email program, then you'll need to change the settings on your computer to get a different result.

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM - Response #2

This may or may not help. Eric means the setting in your browser vs generic computer, although there is a setting there too.

For example, in Firefox, it is under Tools, Options, Applications. Go down to "mailto". Other browsers are similar but different. Easiest way is to google how to for your browser.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM - Response #3

I miss the previous "Missing Classmates" box.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM - Response #4

Wow. Not nice. A one sentence email from me personally, plain vanilla, instead of a website email with the border, logo, and a nice message? There has to be some way to get that functionality back without having to do a single "email the class" with a saved invitation email for each new email address we get.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM - Response #5

The nice border and logo, combined with the fact that the message was being sent from our website rather than from your email was something that we discovered was having an adverse effect on the odds of the message actually being delivered to te intended recipient.

We figured it would be more important to you that the message actually be delivered than that it look pretty.

If you want it to look pretty, you can send yourself a message from Email the Class and then use it as a template, replacing the text content with an invitation message when you send it out to potential participants in the website.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM - Response #6

Yes, those are good points, although we did get significant responses from the "fancy" emails. Do we have access to edit the text of that generic email to make it more customized for our school?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM - Response #7

The default text is pretty basic, but any user who clicks that link can edit the contents of the message themselves before sending it, so there really isn't much point in creating a way to manage the default text.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM - Response #8

Regarding the email to invite classmates to join our website, I currently use Hotmail (which is now called Outlook). When I click on "Your default email software (select this if you read email using software on your computer/device)it goes to Microsoft Outlook which is not the same as Hotmail. I do not have an Microsoft Outlook email address. I guess I have to use none of the above. Any way you can add Hotmail to the listing?

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM - Response #9

Hotmail was added at the beginning, but was not working properly. We had to pull it because the coding that was necessary kept changing. You will need to select the None or other option to get the list of email addresses and then copy / paste them to your email.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at 4:04 PM - Response #10

Thanks, I will use None of the above in the future.

Joan

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.