ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Discounting Reunion Tickets

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/30/09 04:21 PM Views: 1543 Replies: 7
Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 4:21 PM

We have three price ranges for our reunion. The early bird price expires this weekend, but now we want to extend the price to a group of people who are not yet registered (we are sending them paper invites/postcards because we don't have email addresses on them.)

We don't feel it's fair to this group of people to have to pay the higher price, but at the same time, we don't want to give those SLOW PAYERS who have had three months to register and pay for their ticket additional time to pay the lower price.

Is there a way to add a "coupon code" or something so that when this new group starts to register they can get the lower price, or any suggestions on how to handle?

Thanx.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 4:47 PM - Response #1

Well that's a scenario I haven't heard before... Basically, you want to divide your Classmates into 2 groups, and make differnet rules for each group. Got it. Unfortunatley no, there is no coupon code that you can provide to just 1 group of your Classmates. The Reunion Planner obviously assumes that the same rules would apply to all Classmates.

Let me ask you this though: I'm assuming that the people you're about to send a Snail Mail to are very unlikely to register online anyway. Can't you just tell them there is a discount if they pay by check by a ceratain date? They're the only ones getting the letter, your other online Classmate group won't know about the letter and the extended lower price, and the online Classmate group who haven't paid yet will have to pay your higher price for delaying.

That's the best option I can think of for handling this situation.

Edited 06/30/09 4:48 PM
Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 4:55 PM - Response #2

We're assuming (and I know what happens when we assume...), that we'll get a lot of these folks to register online once they find out that there's a website and a reunion coming up. Since we're not taking credit cards online (unfortunately), I guess I could just throw an RSVP into the invite instead of pointing them to the website, and then, update the classmate profile myself.

Thanx for your quick reply!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 5:06 PM - Response #3

I just went through the same thing. My early registration ends today. I have sent many emails, mailed a save the date postcard etc. I feel that I have done my job in getting the word out there. Our ticket price went up 10.00 a ticket to 65.00 per ticket starting tomorrow. I'm not making any exceptions, since the the goal of early registration was to help with the early expenses (we got 30 ppl to pay early)! Basically these early registar's are coming to the reunion for cost. Now, I have a cushion in the rest of the tickets to help with other expenses. Our ticket price from July 1 st - Oct 31st is 65.00 per ticket, after that is goes to 70.00 a ticket! Trying to get them to buy early is a challenge!

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 5:08 PM - Response #4

BTY: We accepted Paypal online and also gave them the option to mail a check. 50% paid by check, the other paid by paypal (we charged the fee to the ticket for paypal fees (1.75 a transaction I believe).

I created a spreadsheet and have tracked it online and on the sheet to double check my entries.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM - Response #5

Hi Brad,

I was wondering when it will be this month, that you will add the "pay by check" option to reunion registration. And in order to do that, will we have to have a paypal account? If not, will there be a charge per transaction like paypal charges? We're about to start the registration process and I need to decide whether to wait for that new functionality.

Thanks,
Retha

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 6:14 PM - Response #6

I've got good news and bad news for you. The good news is we added the Pay By Check option to the Reunion Planner about 3 months ago.

The bad news is it's only available in Reunion Planner II, and you are using Reunion Planner I. Fortunately you've only had one registrant, which I'm assuming is your test registration, so what I recommend is this:

1) Reset your Reunion. When you do the system will automatically upgrade you to Reunion Planner II.

2) Click the Plan New Reunion button and start utilizing Reunion Planner II. Your old reuion will archive when you rest it, preserving your data, so if you wish you can copy any information from your old reunion to your new reunion.

No, you do not need a PayPal account to accept checks, and no, there is no fee assessed for collecting checks. The 3 payment types offered in Reunion Planner II are:

1) Credit card processing: Happens internally on your site, has a 4.9% processing fee, and registrations are automatically added and tabulated for you.

2) Check: Check registrations must be manually logged as they are recived. More work for you to do, but no fees.

3) Other: Reunion Planner II allows you to define the payment type of your choice, such as "Pay at the door."

Friday, July 17, 2009 at 1:58 AM - Response #7

Thank you! I'll give it a whirl. Sorry that I couldn't find the reply when you sent it. I always have problems with that.

Thanks again,
Retha

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.