ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Multiple Login required during a session tgo view profiles

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/27/17 05:35 PM Views: 801 Replies: 3
Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 5:35 PM

An alumni is having a strange login problem. Here is his explanation of what is occuring.

Here's what happens, Gary; I will get an obituary notice about the passing of classmates from Nancy. Before I can look at those, I have to log in. I then am able to view the obits. So, I'm already logged in, and the Home Page shows that I am logged in. So, perhaps I want to look at a profile. If I happen to pick one with the padlock symbol, a notice comes up telling me that I can't view it without logging in. I'm ALREADY logged in! So, I go through the process of logging in, even though the home page shows I'm already logged in. After I've viewed a few profiles, I log out. BUT, I'm really NOT logged out yet. I must log out again. Fun, huh? JEH

Any suggestions?

Edited 06/27/17 5:37 PM
Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 8:09 AM - Response #1

what browser are they using? What system/OS are they using?
It could also be a domain name issue.
Are you able to reproduce the issue by following their steps?

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 11:15 PM - Response #2

Hi Kyle, he says he is using Windows 10 and Google Chrome. I have not been able to replicate the problem using Windows 10 and Chrome which I use also. Our URL is http://www.erhsalumni.net/ Not sure if that is what you meant by domain name issue or not.

Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 3:52 PM - Response #3

There is no way that the admin is actually logged in if he is seeing any padlocks. "Logged in" is defined as having gone to the homepage, clicking on the Sign In button and entering the email address and password on the next screen. I have seen some cases where the login cookie becomes corrupted so it might be a good idea to have him clear his cache and cookies and then do a fresh log in at the site before trying again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.