ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

No Sound on Website using Windows 10

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/27/17 01:24 PM Views: 621 Replies: 7
Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 1:24 PM

I just purchased a new Laptop and am running Windows 10 now. I seem to have lost my sound. Is there a setting that I missed? I am using Chrome and Edge (old IE).

Any hints?

Thanks

Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 3:45 PM - Response #1

You may need to install Flash on both.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 6:52 PM - Response #2

Thanks Jessacia, did that and did not fix the issue. I heard something about Adobe "Killing" flash yesterday...

Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 7:19 PM - Response #3

Sound works for youtube videos... not for www.khsclass1965.com. Could you go to the website and see if you can hear anything on the home page or In Memory page? Not working here on a Windows 7 or 10 machines..
==========================

Friday, July 28, 2017 at 1:52 AM - Response #4

I'm getting no sound on your home page, using Windows 10 with Chrome and Edge browsers. Can't see your In Memory page because it's password protected.

Edited 07/28/17 5:21 AM
Friday, July 28, 2017 at 1:59 AM - Response #5

Is the music supposed to play if not logged in? There is no music code on page for me.

Friday, July 28, 2017 at 11:34 PM - Response #6

Yea you have to log in... It's a Windows 10 newism.. I have to click on the missing plug icon in the upper left of the URL bar. I believe this issue is because Flash is done!! To risky... Class Creator needs to find another player for the music....

Friday, July 28, 2017 at 11:45 PM - Response #7

Flash will become past tense in 2020. Still works for CC Flash music player for now. Windows 10, 8 and 7 for sure. All the common browsers work too (Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox, Opera).

Don't know what you mean by "missing plug icon". If you installed Flash, should not be missing. It sounds like Flash did not install?

If you put the music on an unlocked test page we can view, we can see what might be the issue.

-----------

As an aside, I made a MP3 player that will work on all devices and is not based on flash. This Forum PAGE discusses how it works and has links to docs, etc.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.