ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Breaking connections to in memory page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/11/09 09:15 PM Views: 1244 Replies: 3
Monday, May 11, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I don't want comments on the deceased classmates. I know that I can make the In Memory page inactive and then use a customizable link and put all of the obituaries on that page BUT how do I deactivate the links from classmate profiles, etc? I unchecked to show deceased in classmate profiles. It doesn't show them in the top, but they are still listed. When you click on a name it still goes back to the pages in the original page on which you can post a comment. Help!!!!

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM - Response #1

It's an interesting scenario and it's never been asked before. Most Classmates enjoy being able to comment and share their memories about deceased Classmates, and we're never had anyone ask to disable that ability. You're certainly entitled to not want to do that, it just leaves me with less than a perfect answer for you unfortunately. Would you mind my asking why you don't want to allow this? In our experience we've heard again and again that this area is one of the most touching, moving parts of the web site, and people enjoy contribuating and sharing and remembering their Classmates who are no longer with us.

One thing we could do is add a new checkbox to the In Memory edit area for each Classmate that says:

Allow Classmates to post comments/memories about this Classmate under In Memory entry.

If we add that you could then simply turn off the ability.

Edited 05/11/09 9:38 PM
Monday, May 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM - Response #2

Yes I would be happy to Donna. When we're done I can zap the whole thing if you'd like.

All right, wow, that's just.....that's just....that's just I don't even know what the word is! Never heard anything like that (and I've heard a lot, trust me).

So... I'm going to see if the programmer can put in an override just for your site. Seeing as how it's never been requested before, a toggle is probably really not necessary for other sites. I'll put this on the Task List now, I don't think it will take the programmer long in actual time to pop that in there, but we are extremely busy so please give us a couple days.

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM - Response #3

Thanks!

Edited 05/12/09 11:27 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.