ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

This Day in History - Mismatch

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/16/12 02:15 AM Views: 1340 Replies: 6
Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 2:15 AM

The content for "This Day in History" is for March 15th. Today is February 16 (2:10 AM EST).

I understand This Day in History comes from a 3rd party, however, does CC select the date?

Our first birthdays for March (15th) showed on the Upcoming Birthdays list today.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM - Response #1

You probably just needed to refresh your page in the browser. I'm seeing the same "This day in history" content on your page as I am on http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/this-day-in-history.html

Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM - Response #2

Eric,

I had refreshed the browser. I saw the mismatch the 2 or 3 times I accessed the site earlier in the day. Day in History wasn't a day off, it was a full month off.

This AM, before I received your response, the proper Day in History lined up with today's date.

As long as it lines up, case closed.

I was curious about the coincidence of our first March birthdays appearing and the Day in History jumping a full month, "coincidentally," the day (03/15)that matched our first March birthdays.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

Cal S.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM - Response #3

Showing 2 April on 3 April all day

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM - Response #4

This reads more like a Bug Report. No? Yes? Wink

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 8:28 AM - Response #5

Yes, must have hit the wrong button

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM - Response #6

The most common explanation for this is that the cache in your web browser is not updating. Occasionally, the issue is with page caching at your ISP.

To clear the cache in your browser, please follow the instructions at: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.