ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Batch loading Yearbook pictures

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/30/15 05:44 AM Views: 1028 Replies: 12
Friday, October 30, 2015 at 5:44 AM

Is there any feature available that you could batch load all of the yearbook pictures? (i.e. I had a .jpg file in a separate directory for each classmate with the last name first and then two letters of first name that matched the profile? hartsfield-jo)

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 10:39 AM - Response #1

This has been discussed before and the answer has always been "no", there is no way to do it. It is a one-time event that all classes have to go through.

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM - Response #2

I saw some past discussions... I am new and was hoping that they were older discussions and was hoping. I am not a programmer, but it just appears to be something that would be somewhat simple to do what I described above.

I have a lot of classmates to do and have a year before our reunion. Is there any chance at all that we might see something in the next year or so. If so, I will just do the ones going to our reunion.

By the way, I love your service and your product. I come from a CAD environment and it was like this, no matter how good the tool got, we always wanted the new widget added! Very Happy

Thanks for all of your help,
Johnny

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM - Response #3

There is an easy way to do it on the very FIRST upload of the names. That avoids the issue of matching images with names.

However, there is a second way to do this too, except it requires your input. Add the member NUMBER to the upload that associates a picture with a member - member_id=1234567

There are more interactive designs too. Upload all the images and store in a special "holding" area. Then click and drag from there to each profile. The images and profile names would be side-by-side.

I like 1 and 3 best. Idea

Yup, has been brought up many times as have some minor tweaks to the file vault upload/delete system. If I was paid more, I'd do it for CC.

Edited 10/30/15 12:32 PM
Friday, October 30, 2015 at 3:49 PM - Response #4

Take a look at Issuu.com publishing.
That is what I used.
Dave

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 3:54 PM - Response #5

Issuu as a picture reference book is great, however that doesn't connect directly to a profile.

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 4:07 PM - Response #6

On your statement "There is an easy way to do it on the very FIRST upload of the names." Why couldn't I just download all the names that I just recently uploaded via .xls (I just got start) and treat it like a "First" upload." Couldn't I delete everything and then re-upload? If so, where do the pictures come in?

On you item #3, where is the special "holding area" that I use?

One last question on the member_id=. Where can you see the member_id? Is it in a special download?

Thanks for you help,
Johnny

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 4:18 PM - Response #7

Those are just hypothetical ways this could be done - not the first time I've proposed this. So for now, none of this is possible, sorry.

However, option 1 is actually pretty easy for CC to implement - it's like the changing light bulb/phychiatrist joke - only if it wants to. Twisted Evil

(In contrast to " there is no way to do it.". Just saying there is !)

Edited 10/30/15 4:19 PM
Friday, October 30, 2015 at 4:59 PM - Response #8

I think Jack is saying that there is currently no way to do it built into the program, but he was suggesting different ways that the programmers at ClassCreator could implement it easily.

But the real answer is the same I gave before that there is no way to do this. But I will amend my answer with "at this time".

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 5:29 PM - Response #9

For our reunion last weekend, a friend made a Power Point Slide presentation of our annual - over 300 pages [I provided him the scans of the annual], and he uploaded it to a YouTube account.
We played it at the reunion, and will include the link [to the YouTube] on the website in the coming weeks.
This will save you valuable vault space!

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 6:53 PM - Response #10

Right, as implied - it's not a pleasant "one-time event" and that's why this comes up fairly often as does the file vault maintenance/upload issues.

It would be nice to get some sort of time spent on at least one of these (somewhat like giving way more vault space for the same $ :ideaSmile. For me, the file vault only because the images are done (although I'd like to batch modify them all).

The file maintenance is a very odd design compared to decades old FTP file maintenance. It copies a local file system way of doing things, not remote file maintenance. Context is just different.
Kyle Erickson wrote:

It is a one-time event that all classes have to go through.

Quote:
"at this time"

Edited 10/30/15 6:54 PM
Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 7:27 AM - Response #11

Anything that's labor intensive to the customer, I would think would be at the top of the CC enhancements list. Hopefully it is... Like the Nametags (beta) feature. Now that is one cool feature that'll save a lot of labor over the years. Bam! you push a button and out pops a really good looking nametag! That feature blew me away! Thank you so much CC for that one!

Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 11:49 AM - Response #12

Yes, one would think that.

Johnny Hartsfield wrote:

Anything that's labor intensive to the customer, I would think would be at the top of the CC enhancements list.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.