ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Statistics Information

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/17/08 09:14 AM Views: 1484 Replies: 6
Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 9:14 AM

I like the statistics information i.e. site visitors, % of participation. How can this be displayed for members to see without having to use an outside web service such as www.hitcountersite.com? This particular site requests your webpage address so THEY can input the counter.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 9:49 AM - Response #1

The ONLY way that I know how to do this is to go to the site, click on the statistics link, copy the address as it appears in your address bar, click on "Edit Site Pages", select one of the "Customizable Links", give it a page name like "Statistics" and past the link in the window.

Then save it and it will appear in the left hand margin.

The only thing I'm NOT sure of is if it will stay up to date with the original and actual statistics, but you'll have to try it and see.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 10:02 AM - Response #2

Hmmmm, thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try. I suppose I could "deactivate" that particular page until I see if it will change accordingly.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 10:10 AM - Response #3

Haven't tried it myself, but it would be interesting to see if it works. Smile

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 11:21 AM - Response #4

Tricia Ford wrote:

This particular site requests your webpage address so THEY can input the counter.

FYI you don't have to put in your actual website address for those counters to work. That is just a marketing scheme to get your information you could type in www.kissmyaxx.com lol and it would still work on your page.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 2:43 AM - Response #5

Great that we can add the statistics to our home page now. Thank you.

It raises a question having to do with the count. I know it counts only the classmates enrolled. There seems to be a problem with the logic of the count. If a classamate (not a guest) does not want to be shown on class list, but is still on the site, he/she gets put in the guest section and is no longer counted in the "enrolled" count. Shouldn't the count be all active classmates, including the few that may choose to not be listed. Asking the question I see there is a flip side and why you would not count them. Could we have the option?

I see this happening more especially if you have high profile classmates and for people who might have a problem with an individual classmate and wants to avoid contact (the later is current situation on my site).

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 3:44 AM - Response #6

Well, not at the moment. Smile Every class has an exact # of Classmates. They are "Classmates", not Guests, or Teachers, or anything else. If we did include Guests or Teachers in the Active Classmate count we'd of course get a bunch of complaints coming from that direction. Thus the only possible thing to do would be to give the option of whether or not Guests and/or Teachers get included in the count as you said. And if so, then we'd proabably have to come up with a different name, such as Active Members instead of Active Classmates. But, alas, for now it is Active Classmates, which means specifically the number of Classmates who are listed in your Class List, and does not include Guests or Teachers (for the multi year sites).

Edited 03/10/09 3:46 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.