ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

fill in space on site with photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/20/10 04:53 PM Views: 1681 Replies: 5
Monday, September 20, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I have alot of space on one side of my homepage and would like to fill it in with old pictures from the yearbooks. How can I fill in that wasted space.

Monday, September 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM - Response #1

1) Click Change Colors
2) Click the Browse button next to Background Image
3) Upload a photo

Note that the photo will panel in the entire blank background, and just what people see there depends on their screen resolution. If you want 2 or more photos in the background you'd need to combine them into 1 image file ahead of time using software such as Picasa (free from Google) or Adobe Photoshop, etc.

Monday, September 20, 2010 at 6:31 PM - Response #2

Which raises the question. WHY is there so much vacant space on the right side of the screen?

Monday, September 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM - Response #3

Very good question. It's because any system like this has to factor in the lowest common denominator. In this case we have to factor in all screen resolutions. While many people are now buying newer computers and upgrading to shiny new widescreen monitors, 47% of users system wide are still running a 1024 x 768 resolution. So for nearly 1 in 2 users they have virtually no blank space to the right of the design at all. If we widen the design at this time almost 50% of users would have to scroll back and forth to the right to read your page content -- something you definitely don't want people having to do. As more people upgrade to newer higher resolutions monitors at some point we'll be able to take the designs up to the next width, but foreseeably that's going to be awhile still. Between now and then we'll be redoing all existing designs so they are 37 pixels wider (takes them right up to the scroll bar at 1024 x 768 resolution) and we'll also be making them centerable on the screen, which will lessen the "big gap" all on one side of the design feeling that you're getting now.

Monday, September 20, 2010 at 11:40 PM - Response #4

"Centerable" as in these help forums which show even blank space on the left and right.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 1:45 PM - Response #5

CoolCoolCool I do luv putting my own pics in the big space!!! I guess when us diehard old puter users finally upgrade. It will be really kewl to have the additional space to work with.
Thanx Brad for the explanation..I knew it was something like that.WinkWink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.