ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Last Login" - make it sortable

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/13/08 09:51 AM Views: 4355 Replies: 32
Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 9:51 AM

The new feature showing the classmate's last login is helpful. (you can see it when you click the "Manage Classmates" link).

I suggest that this column be sortable. Change the word "Last Login" to be a link that will sort the list by date of last login. If you add this feature, you should also make the "Last Name" column sortable so that the list can again be sorted by last name (the default).

Being able to sort the "Last Login" column will help to know which classmates are the most active.

Thanks

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 10:18 AM - Response #1

I don't see it. What am I doing wrong?

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 10:19 AM - Response #2

I just saw that feature this morning. It is showing that some people "never" logged in when I know they are registered and were on in October or July. Is this designed to show "most active" class mates? Will it list people as "never logged in" if they only created a profile and never updated it since that day? Or, does it show the last time they logged in even if for looking at other profiles or responding to messages? I don't recall seeing any discussions on this. Thanks. Tam

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM - Response #3

Never mind, I found it. It's not under manage classmates but rather on the statistics page.

I also found that "never" means not since Nov 18, 2008.

Edited 12/13/08 12:31 PM
Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 12:04 PM - Response #4
Elation79-09.jpg

I love the new feature also. But YES YES YES sortable would be great!!!

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 1:44 PM - Response #5

This is another great add on. However deceased classmates are also marked never . Can we use a different word instead? Thanks!

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 3:03 PM - Response #6

F C Bock wrote:

Never mind, I found it. It's not under manage classmates but rather on the statistics page.

I also found that "never" means not since Nov 18, 2008.

This feature is found in TWO places. It is a new column in the Manage Classmates/"Enter/Edit Classmates" AND it is found under statistics.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 3:06 PM - Response #7

The "class_Admin_last_logins.cfm" page (viewable from "Statistics" page) would be more user-friendly if it only showed those classmates with e-mail addresses.

It is obvious that classmates without e-mail address have NEVER signed up.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 5:14 PM - Response #8

TOTALLY love the new feature!!!

To sort it, I copied the "Manage Classmates" list, pasted it into Excel. There, it sorted beautifully!

Is there something magic about 11/18? Is that the date the system started collecting the information? Will that date change?

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 9:49 PM - Response #9

Yes. We're not even done with this. Sorting was coming already. You guys just find things too fast. Smile I was going to announce this when it was fully complete, but I think ya'll just took care of that for me. Smile

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 9:51 PM - Response #10

Oh by the way, yes, that's when it started collecting data.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 10:18 PM - Response #11

Cool! Now I know when I "copy" the list in the future, there won't be a "cut-off" date!

Christmas cookies to all of you!

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 6:19 PM - Response #12

Brad Switzer wrote:

Oh by the way, yes, that's when it started collecting data.

I don't know what database field you are using for this date, but you DO have information in the database that can tell the last date the profile was updated and IT IS BEFORE NOVEMBER 18TH, so why don't you use that date?

For example, when I EXPORT CLASSMATES, the last column in that Excel file is labeled "Last Updated" and I have several classmates with dates that are in AUGUST 2008 (when my site became live/created).

So why the November 18th date?

If you are using a new/different database column, can't you copy the information from the one that is being exported into the new database column? This would give a more accurate version of when the classmate last updated their profile.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 6:49 PM - Response #13

The last login date, and the last profile update date, are two entirely different things. A Classmate could be logging in every single day, yet not have updated his or her own Profile for weeks or months.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 6:55 PM - Response #14

Brad Switzer wrote:

The last login date, and the last profile update date, are two entirely different things. A Classmate could be logging in every single day, yet not have updated his or her own Profile for weeks or months.

That might be true, but any date that is before NOVEMBER 18th is better than the word "NEVER".

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 7:06 PM - Response #15

Agreed.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 3:00 PM - Response #16

Brad Switzer wrote:

Agreed.

I don't want to be known as a complainer, but the "Statistics/List users and last login dates" would look better if you did a in the 3rd column when there is not any e-mail address. That way the borders would display for the cell. If the cell is totally empty, nothing (including borders) will display.

Maybe this feature still isn't considered complete yet.

PS. Thanks for getting rid of "Never" and using the date the profile was last updated.

Edited 12/15/08 3:01 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008 at 4:56 PM - Response #17

Yea we'll fix that.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:53 PM - Response #18

you guys rock!!! the updates are great.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM - Response #19

Brad Switzer wrote:

Yes. We're not even done with this. Sorting was coming already. You guys just find things too fast. Smile I was going to announce this when it was fully complete, but I think ya'll just took care of that for me. Smile

The sort feature was working yesterday but starting last night and continuing this morning it no longer is.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 2:01 PM - Response #20

F C Bock wrote:

The sort feature was working yesterday but starting last night and continuing this morning it no longer is.

Right now, it's working fine for me! It doesn't work on the Manage Classmates (I'm thinking it was never intended to work there) however, it works BEAUTIFULLY on the statistics page! You can sort ascending or descending! And, you can sort by the name fields!

To Brad & team - Thank you for the early Christmas present!

Edited 12/16/08 2:02 PM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 3:40 PM - Response #21

F C Bock wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:

The problem I am having is with Internet Explorer. I get the following error:
Line: 67
Char: 3
Error: 'TableKit.tables[...].dom' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://www.classcreator.com/Spanish-Fork-UT-1981/class_Admin_last_logins.cfm

Seems to work fine in FireFox.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 4:09 PM - Response #22

Have you tried emptying your internet cache (temporary files)? When I run into that kind of message, I can clear the files, try again and it usually works fine. For me, it is working fine in IE and in Chrome.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 4:55 PM - Response #23
error.doc

i am getting the same error
i use ie

Edited 12/16/08 4:58 PM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 5:49 PM - Response #24

I just closed IE (I'm using IE 7) and brought it back up... everything still works fine on the sorts. I can sort any of the 4 fields in either direction.

Edited 12/16/08 5:49 PM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 6:22 PM - Response #25

I can reproduce the error in IE6. Having Dave check it out.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 8:28 PM - Response #26

Looks like it's sorting on Month-Day-Year instead of Year-Month-Day. I see 12-31-2008 and the top of the list, below that all the earlier December 2008 dates, and below those the 1-7-2009 followed by the earlier January 2009 dates. OK for now but I wonder how that would look when there's also a December 2009 and January 2010 set in there. They would be intersperced.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM - Response #27

As of now, I cannot get it to sort at all. I tried IE7 and Chrome and it works on neither. Emptied temporary files, closed IE7 and tried again but to no avail. I have to be missing something but cannot figure it out.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 9:13 PM - Response #28

Logged into your site, sorted fine. Try rebooting your computer. Sometimes if computers get sluggish they can simply misbehave. Can you reproduce the issue of being unable to sort using any other web browser?

Edited 01/07/09 9:23 PM
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 9:59 PM - Response #29

Rebooted computer, tried again to no avail. Also tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Still didn't work. We also have an iMac (latest OS)so I tried it there. Still no luck. Tomorrow (oldsters go to bed early :winkSmile, I'll try it on my laptop(Vista)and on my husband's XP system. I'm sure it is one of those problems that occurs between the keyboard and the chair but I just cannot figure it out!

Edited 01/08/09 4:49 PM
Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM - Response #30

Oh DUH!!! I was trying to sort on the Edit/Enter Classmates page rather than the Statistics Page... EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed

Color me majorly embarrassed!

Edited 01/08/09 4:57 PM
Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM - Response #31

Hey, at least you never promised Canadian maple syrup and didn't deliver. Now THAT'S reason to be embarrassed.

Friday, January 9, 2009 at 8:53 AM - Response #32

Be careful, I'm sure Cathy will get even!!! !

And, I guess since I figured it out myself it's not too bad! And, I'm guessing others might make the same mistake so it's glaringly posted!

And, here's virtual Maple Syrup, warming up by the fire getting ready for the pancakes. No real stuff in Florida!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.