ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Comcast email not receiving CC Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/10/19 09:01 AM Views: 812 Replies: 15
Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:01 AM

After speaking with Scott & Jessica, they mentioned classmates using Comcast email are not receiving CC notifications. As this is a Comcast problem, please let us know if this will be resolved. Thank you

Monday, January 14, 2019 at 11:22 AM - Response #1

Any update on the Comcast problem?

Monday, January 14, 2019 at 1:48 PM - Response #2

We have had other reports of notifications not being received for Comcast customers. We have contacted Comcast and not received a reply to that inquiry. At the moment, we are not receiving any bouncebacks from Comcast that would indicate an issue on the Class Creator end. However, it is likely that emails are being caught in a spam or junk folder for Comcast. You can tell your members that they will need to log in at a webmail system for Comcast to look at the spam or junk mail folder in that webmail system to locate the emails. Also, if your members have access to spam filter settings, they may want to review them to see if they can get the emails to arrive in their inbox again. Suggest also that they whitelist the email address noreply@classcreator.net by adding it as a contact in their contacts list. They may also want to call Comcast and let them know that emails they are expecting to receive are not being delivered to their inbox.

Thanks,

Scott Mastenbrook
Class Creator

Monday, January 14, 2019 at 6:51 PM - Response #3

Thanks, Scott. I placed your explanation on our homepage. Hoping any Comcast user will read it. We have several classmates who have a Comcast email address.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 3:31 AM - Response #4

We have at least 26 classmates with a Comcast email address & they are not receiving CC notifications. Other than phoning each classmate, is there any other method to let Comcast users know why our Notifications are not reaching them? One classmate contacted me by phone that he has not received any notifications for three weeks. We had a death in our class last week. Any suggestion how to let Comcast users be aware why our Notifications are not reaching them? Thank you.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 12:23 PM - Response #5

You could use your personal email address instead to contac them Question

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 12:23 PM - Response #6

Other than the notification on your homepage, phone and snail mail would be all I can guess. I still have not confirmed that this is effecting all Comcast members. Also, suggest that an alternate email be added to their account.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 9:26 AM - Response #7

Scott, can you please confirm how many CC websites are affected by Comcast.
I phoned 11 classmates who use Comcast. All report they are receiving email & other notifications from other sources. All claim they haven’t received any Notifications from our website for at least 3 to 4 weeks. None are eager to create a secondary email address. Some claim they can receive our class news from Facebook. Our Statistics have been unusually low since last weekend. Is there a server problem? Thank you

Edited 01/17/19 9:34 AM
Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 12:15 PM - Response #8

Hi Elena,

You will need to email me a few of the email addresses for those who are affected. Please do not post the addresses here. Email them to info@classcreator.com and I will include their details in the ticket we have with Comcast. I've asked them to escalate the ticket after we ran a few tests with them. They received all of the tests we sent and will need further details such as specific users affected to escalate this higher.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 4:25 PM - Response #9

Jessica, around 2pm, I sent you a list of names with their Comcast address. Please let me know if Comcast gets back to you, thank you

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 2:18 PM - Response #10

Scott & Jessica, any input from Comcast? Wondering how other Admin who have Comcast classmate customers are handling this.

Edited 01/23/19 3:22 PM
Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 6:28 AM - Response #11

We have 28 classmates using a Comcast email address. Their last log on occurred in December 2018 and that was when their last Notification was received. Comcast classmates contacted me stating they have not received any CC Notifications since mid December. I contacted the Comcast group of 28 using my alternate email address & let them know there’s a potential problem with Comcast users not receiving CC Notifications & suggest they check webmail, Spam, or
create a secondary email address. Classmates replied they are able to receive email from other senders
but not from CC. Several classmates using Comcast email checked their webmail & Spam - Notifications are not in Spam. The bigger challenge moving forward: how will this group of 28 classmates receive future CC Notifications?

Edited 01/26/19 12:19 PM
Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 10:05 PM - Response #12

Yes, they both have Comcast. One of them changed her email address and I have not heard back to see if that resolved the problem.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 12:45 PM - Response #13

Miraculously,today some Comcast users who did not change their email address, received Notifications for the first time since December. Additionally, our Statistics are high - much like they were in December. Was there a server problem?

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 1:37 PM - Response #14

Hi Elenda,

There have been no changes or issues on this end. We have submitted updates to Comcast on this issue including adding the items you forwarded to us to let them know we still felt there was an issue on their end. I'm happy to hear things are coming through. I haven't heard back from them on the last reported items. I'm hoping this is resolved but I will keep it open on this end for now.

Jessica

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 2:17 PM - Response #15

Thanks, Jessica.
I’ve asked some Comcast email users to let me know if future Notifications are not received and will contact you if Notifications cease.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.