ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory Section

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/04/08 11:12 PM Views: 1864 Replies: 7
Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 11:12 PM

It would be cool to see a "little cross" similar to the following example for all deceased classmates. Ex: John Smith [†]
Currently there are two asterisks (**) but the two asterisks do not appear in the top legend box so classmates really don't know what the two asterisks represent.

Just a suggestion. Love classcreator!!! Thanks....

Friday, September 5, 2008 at 11:56 AM - Response #1

You'd be surprised how controversial this issue is. Every time we change the In Memory functionality, somebody complains. I bet if I changed the ** to a cross somebody would complain. See this thread for just a small insight into the complexities of this issue. I have committed to some new optional features that should appease everyone, which you can read about in the other thread.

Saturday, December 27, 2008 at 2:24 AM - Response #2

I was searching for a prior forum on the memory pages, to ask my question... your reponse here let me know this is as good of place as I could pick. No matter what you do, someone will complain... go figure. Long story short we had a teacher who was also the senior class sponsor. He was murdered about 10 years after we graduated. I set up a page in his memory. Now I get a message that he is not the "only" special teacher. Is there a possibilty of adding a section to the memory pages to add teachers, in a section by themselves. I know I can set up a survey page, so people could post comments about specific teachers, but I think it is best to keep it all together.

Saturday, December 27, 2008 at 12:00 PM - Response #3

Only multi sites will have separate teacher areas. Including regular Profile areas. For obvious reasons we're avoiding duplicating the Classmate functionality on single year sites for teachers. Primary reason of course being many classes share the same teachers. And it's common for many classes from the same school to join Class Creator. If each site had a teacher area, teachers would be stuck having to join multiple web sites to keep up with Classmates. Thus we've chosen to only provide separate teacher functionlity for multi year sites, where teachers can join just one time, maintain one Profile, and communicate with all Classes.

In your case though, I think you'll have to do one of the following:

1) Add deceased teachers as Guest Members. This way they will all display together in your In Memory area.

2) Use the upcoming threaded forums to create a separate area to remember teachers.

3) Do what you think is best and stick to it. Like you said, you'll never please 100% of the people. Especially in this particular area. My guess is most people enjoyed your page and thought nothing of it outside of that.

Saturday, December 27, 2008 at 12:47 PM - Response #4

Will there be a connection between single year classes to connect with other years in the future? I have suggested the site for the preceeding year and the subsequent year. I cannot tell if there are any other years from my school with sites yet.

I have combined the Survey page to include both teachers, which for this person was still not good enough. OH WELL. And I had thought that with the upcoming threaded forums this would be a possible solution also. I stuck to my guns and told her this would have to do for now.

Saturday, December 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM - Response #5

Yes, we have a "Guest Pass" system coming out shortly. It will allow you to do two things:

1) Display other classes from your school on your home page.
2. Allow other years to log into your site and see information and/or participate in your forums. Each Administrator will have the option of allowing guest pass logins, or not.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:44 PM - Response #6

I would like to suggest an edit box at the top of the "In memory" editable page (like on other pages)so we may add some text or a picture to the overall page. For example, I would like to put a quote at the top of this page, but there is no way to add anything other than those who have passed.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 10:18 AM - Response #7

Hi Anita,

Editing the top of the In Memory summary page is already on the list and will be completed soon.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.