ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

how to add sub administrators

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/10/18 11:26 AM Views: 867 Replies: 12
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 11:26 AM

I just need a quick bit of help as to where do I find the place to add another administrator.

Thank You
Faye

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 11:52 AM - Response #1

Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Details for the member you wish to make an admin > Scroll down until you see Grant Admin access > Select the checkbox and many options will appear for which permissions and notifications you would like to assign. Be sure to Save Changes at the bottom of the page. The member may need to log out and log back in to see the Admin Functions appear.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 4:07 PM - Response #2

Thank you very much Scott. I knew I'd seen it before and went through almost every one in the left side column but didn't find it. Because I would of never thought of opening Manage Classmates.. Thank You again.
You guys make our lives so much easier and I for one am glad your there to help us. I sing your praises.

Faye

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 4:34 PM - Response #3

Thank you!

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 10:07 PM - Response #4

I am not seeing this option.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 10:12 PM - Response #5

Tina Farnsworth wrote:

I am not seeing this option.

Are you the root admin? I just logged on to another site where I am not the root admin and wasn't presented the option either.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 10:25 PM - Response #6

Tina,

Karyn has not granted you this power. She would need to grant you “Give this person the ability to grant others admin access” rights.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 11:02 PM - Response #7

Apparently, Karyn has no idea what I am talking about. She swears that she is not root admin. I took over administration for our last reunion and I have no idea who set me up as admin. What can I do?

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 11:03 PM - Response #8

How does she grant me access? I'm trying to walk her through. She is not tech savvy.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 11:21 PM - Response #9

We got it done! Thanks again for the help!

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 8:40 AM - Response #10

Karyn is still the Root Admin (she is the admin who has accepted the contract with ClassCreator). FYI: 01/04/14 07:40 PM: Melissa (the old Root Admin) transferred root admin power to Karyn (the new Root Admin)

Karyn hasn't given you the “Give this person the ability to grant others admin access” rights.

So when you say "We got it done!", you must mean that you got another admin added.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 9:21 AM - Response #11

Yes, I was able to talk to Karyn last night and she gave me the rights to add other admins. I'm not sure (neither is she) how or why the root admin was transferred to her since she hasn't done anything on the site. It's only been me or Melissa. Melissa must have added me and she is no longer working on this. If I need to change the root admin, how do we do that? Karyn is still on the committee so, leaving her as root doesn't cause a problem. It just isn't intuitive since she doesn't work on the site.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 1:30 PM - Response #12

Only the root admin can change who the root admin is and that is done by going to the Preferences page and reselecting from the dropdown list at the top of the page (provided to only the root)... select the new name and then Save Preferences at the bottom of the page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.