ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Widget/music

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/26/12 08:34 PM Views: 1431 Replies: 6
Monday, March 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Hi, I would like someone in my class to handle the music on my page. What access rights do I need to give them to enable this? If I give access to just the widget box...does that mean they can upload the music etc but not put it on the page? Which leads to my next question..once the music is loaded does the widget automatically adere to a page..such as the main page? If not, then I assume they would need edit pages to be able to maneuver the widget on the page?

Based on what I am learning myself here..I am assuming once the widget it loaded you would have to put it on whatever page you want it on. BUT what if you want different music for the memorial page?

Please explain that process to me. Thank you!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM - Response #1

You can make as many different playlists as you want, and embed each one on whichever pages you want. In order to have a co-admin be able to assemble playlists, they'll need access to the Widgtes page, but in order to place them on pages, they'll need access to Edit Site Pages. Creating playlists is totally separate from embedding and using them.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM - Response #2

I cannot get my music to load from the brower to the widget/mp3 maker. Our school band recorded several songs on a 45rpm and we've had it put on a cd to enable us to get it on the class website, but there is no URL. How do I get the music from the cd to the class website? Our reunion is in less than 2 weeks. Please help quickly!!!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 2:43 PM - Response #3

The music on the CD must be in mp3 file format, or saved to a computer and converted to mp3 file format, inorder to then be uploaded using the Playlist Manager widget.

You can use iTunes or any of a number of other music file conversion programs that can be found on the internet to convert the music to mp3 files. You may need a general computing support person to walk you through the process, depending on your own level of computer skill and comfort. Alternatively, you may just need to seek assistance from a family member or friend who is between the ages of 25 and 40. Anyone younger may be confused by this ancient technology called a CD, and anyone older may be confused by this new-fangled technology called a CD... Wink

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Eric. It was easy to convert the cd to mp3. Just Googled it and found a YouTube explanation for Windows Media Player. It was so simple--I kind of felt stupid after I saw how, but I learned something new today, so it's all good.

Okay. Now for what's probably going to be another stupid question....how do I get the mp3 player to play on all pages, including the home page? Right now, it's just playing on the Widget page.

Thanks,
Susan

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM - Response #5

The widget page has a box labeled "Embed Code" which contains some text that you need to copy and them paste into the Source view of one of your site pages. For continuous play, select the POPOUT option on the Display Mode setting.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 1:59 AM - Response #6

Thanks so much Eric! Got her done!!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.