ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

site not recognizing member email

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/21/18 05:57 PM Views: 521 Replies: 3
Monday, May 21, 2018 at 5:57 PM

A member changed his email address, but the site is not letting him on. An email to the whole class caused his email to bounce back, but a few days later, a private message went through without a problem. He says he still can't get on, however. I thought about deleting him and having him join anew. Is that a possible solution?

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 12:13 PM - Response #1

I would NOT delete him. I would start by having him clear his cache and history. This will delete his old log in cookie. Then, have him close and reopen his browser and try logging in. Be sure that he has his browser settings set to save and accept cookies (I say that in case this is a Mac / Apple -- Safari issue.) If these steps don't work, feel free to have him contact me directly at 734-585-5605 and I would be happy to try working with him directly.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 2:14 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the quick response. What he did not tell me was that he got a new computer and had his computer "guru" set up email filters that blocked all sorts of emails including those from the site. I had to think about it for a while and that turns out to be the problem. He couldn't change it himself and it got too complicated for me to talk him through it over the phone, so he will be going back to the friend for assistance. I am sure it will be fine once he allows CC to come in as regular email.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 2:22 PM - Response #3

Ah yes, a "computer "guru"". Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.