ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/07/09 07:57 AM Views: 2109 Replies: 6
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 7:57 AM

I was wondering what happens to a classmates profile information when they are marked as deceased. This is our first active member to pass away and I wasn't sure what happens to all of his information.
Thanks,
Karen

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 8:03 AM - Response #1

Karen Rutan wrote:

I was wondering what happens to a classmates profile information when they are marked as deceased. This is our first active member to pass away and I wasn't sure what happens to all of his information.
Thanks,
Karen

When you Edit Site Pages/ In Memory/ EDIT Deceased Classmate, there is an option called "Link To Profile:" with a check-box. If that checkbox is checked (I think it is checked by default), then after all of the content for the deceased classmate is displayed, a link to the classmate's profile is displayed.

The link looks like this:
Click here to see Ruth's last Profile entry.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM - Response #2

Thanks for your help.

Karen

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM - Response #3

I want to add photos of a deceased classmate and I can't figure out how. I see where I can add a youtube video but not jpg. I added it to his profile in the admistrative functions but it doesn't show on the Member In Memory area.

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM - Response #4

Lori Davis wrote:

I want to add photos of a deceased classmate and I can't figure out how. I see where I can add a youtube video but not jpg. I added it to his profile in the admistrative functions but it doesn't show on the Member In Memory area.

Welcome Lori,

You need to Edit Site Pages, In Memory Edit, then edit the contents for the deceased classmate. From that edit window, you can click the IMAGE button and upload an image to the Image Vault and then insert the image.

Also, there is a check-box on the In Memory Edit Deceased Classmate page called "Link to Profile". If this is checked, then the classmate's last profile entries can be viewed by clicking on a link.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 12:21 PM - Response #5

Is there a way of having a deceased classmate show on the "profiles updated" list when we update their In Memory page?

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM - Response #6

No there is not. Technically, in the system, when a Classmate dies they no longer have an active Profile. When you mark them as deceased the new "In Memory" entry takes over.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.