ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Rename 'Message' and 'User' Forums, How To?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/01/10 02:09 PM Views: 1291 Replies: 5
Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 2:09 PM

How do I...or will you rename 'Message Forum' to 'chit-Chat-ting' and rename 'User Forums' to 'Discussions' please. Thank you. (to self...I wonder if they work on Sundays?)

Edited 08/01/10 2:09 PM
Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM - Response #1

I'm assuming something from this post was edited/deleted, so I'll answer the question I do see. You can rename some of your links and you can't rename some of the system default links. To change your "User Forums" to "Discussion":

Click your User Forums link. Click the Forum Preferences link. Change name as desired. The Message Forum is default and currently changeable.

A large system overhaul we just started when an ETA of about 10 weeks will allow you to change all site links including default links, re-order them, and add flyout/dropdown menus if desired. Not only will you be able to do all of this, you'll be able to do it from one consistent area as opposed to going into each area like the current system requires.

Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 3:39 PM - Response #2

Brad - can you do a screen shot of a fly-out, drop down menu? It would be great to envision how it will be.

Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM - Response #3

Yes but under one condition. This isn't done, and it will be slightly different in final release, so I'd like to ask people to hold questions on the new stuff until the real deal is released.

http://69.41.172.220/eric-class-creator/templates/class-creator/5/template5.cfm

The remakes are slightly wider to accommodate things like third party plugins default size without having to manually size down, there's a little more link room because that's been a problem, flyouts and dropdowns have been added, all designs can be easily centered on screen, but the biggest benefit is the entire layout is redone in CSS and not table based like the current stuff. There's way too many benefits there to even go into but for quite a few reasons this all works far better.

Edited 08/01/10 4:05 PM
Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM - Response #4

LIKE Very Much!

Evolutionary, not revolutionary. That's good!

Thanks for sharing.

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 5:10 AM - Response #5

You did great Brad. Thank you.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.