ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How do you add music

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/16/08 09:22 PM Views: 2051 Replies: 15
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I noticed some of you have figured out how to add music to the site? How do you do this?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 9:26 PM - Response #1

I went to this website http://www.myflashfetish.com

Then you have to add it into your home page.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 5:04 AM - Response #2

Be sure to also click on our FAQs section above, and then click on Questions About Building Your Site. Read Question #13, which gives specific instructions for embedding third party components on your site, such as Playlist.com playlists.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 7:36 PM - Response #3

Hello Brad,
I read all of the information about embedding, only thing is I do not understand what code I need to generate and then copy. could you explain that to me? Thanks
TeresaB

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 10:00 PM - Response #4

I figured it out, so do not reply to my question!
Teresa B

Friday, July 18, 2008 at 10:25 AM - Response #5

I looked through all of them and couldn't find question 13. Cna you send me in the right direction? I am trying to add music. Thanks!

Friday, July 18, 2008 at 1:15 PM - Response #6

I went to playlist.com and made an account for the class. Next on the playlist site, you click on "add to myspace or facebook." in that there will be a question to generate code. it will be alot of techy lanuguage. select all in the window and copy. Go to CC (class creator) and go to administrator functions. Choose which area you want to edit, homepage, announcements, etc. open and then place the cursor on the place you want to paste. Paste your code. Then in the left corner of the window you will see source click on that, and oh, inside the code, you will see numbers for width and height, change all those to 270 and then save. go to the homepage to see how it loaded. it should appear. i hope this helps.

In the FAQ's the instructions are under the build your site area, after all the different links to make your web design cool. You should see them then.

hope this helps!
Teresa

Friday, July 18, 2008 at 6:20 PM - Response #7

Thank you so much! I did end up figuring it out and found the question #13. Thanks so much for the help!

Friday, July 18, 2008 at 10:03 PM - Response #8

My player is huge on the screen. I used playlist.com but I can't figure out how to choose the narrow player. Help!

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 1:22 AM - Response #9

Read the posts above regarding resizing the player, or read question #13, also referenced above. There is no "small player" at Playlist.com, but rather, you can control the player size yourself once you've added the player to your page. If you follow the directions in Question #13 you will succeed.

Edited 07/19/08 4:13 AM
Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 6:15 AM - Response #10

finally got it. thanks

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:55 PM - Response #11

I am SOOOOO confused – and new to all of this.
Re: your posting 7-18-08 at 1:15PM -
I created the playlist at playlist.com
I went to Admin Functions
Clicked on Edit Site Pages
Picked Edit on the Classmate Profiles line
I could not paste anything, anywhere.
I am obviously doing something wrong, and it may be a real Head-Slapper when I get this music thing figured out, but I am so frustrated now, I can’t see straight!

Do you know of an easier step-by-step for the novice administrator?
Thanks,
Steve

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 12:07 AM - Response #12

Welcome Steve,

I don't think you should be clicking on the "Classmate Profile" line, but instead, the Home Page Content line or you want to create a new announcement by clicking POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT and then in the content area of the announcement paste the codes you got from playlist.com.

Remember to click the SOURCE button because you are wanting to paste CODES instead of pasting text. Also, if you ever paste text from WORD, make sure you click on PASTE FROM WORD.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 12:21 AM - Response #13

I am still clueless - it's hell getting old! LOL
Do you know of one of the music help forum threads that you think explains things very simply.
I thought this 58+ brain was fairly computer literate, until I started trying to load the music.
Steve1stein@yahoo.com
AIM freeportstein

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 8:32 AM - Response #14

Steve, did you get it?

I looked at your website and on the homepage, there is music playing. Is that the page you were trying to get music playing?

If you aren't seeing the music player and hearing the music, maybe you have a cache problem. Try clearing your browser cache (see link below) or try a different browser to see if you see the player then.

Click here for instructions for clearing browser cookies.

If you are trying to put the music player on a different page, let us know which page and we can help you.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 5:43 PM - Response #15

I just got this, and that is not MY class you went to.
Substitute 1970 for the 1968.
I am one of the admin's on the 68 site, to help out with some other issues.
I will look at your instructions later tonight - have to scoot out to a meeting!
You can bet you will be hearing from me, one way or the other in the next day or two!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.