ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Survey maker issur

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/04/12 10:08 AM Views: 2649 Replies: 21
Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I've created a short survey. I wanted the answer type for question number 1 to be "yes or no" but the system doesn't allow it. It just gives no space for an answer. Yes/No works fine for subsequent questins, and other answer types work for number 1.

Also, how can I move the main menu link higher on the yellow list so that it is next to a related link? This is important.

Thanks,
Mike

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM - Response #1

I didn't encounter any difficulty setting the answer type for the first question to Yes or No.

I added some code to the Google Analytics box (on the Preferences page) which allows you to reorder the main navigation links on your site. If you want to change the order, just look at the last line in that box, and the instructions immediately above it.

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM - Response #2

Hi, Eric.
I had no trouble setting the type for question #1 to yes/no. However, when I go to the survey (as a regular classmate would) I see no place to answer #1. Other type (short text, etc.) work fine. I've tried Chrome and IE.
Thanks,
Mike

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM - Response #3

I changed the answer type to Radio Buttons and put in Yes and No answer options. Meanwhile, I'll ask programming to look into why the Yes or No answer type does not display properly for the first question.

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Eric
And thanks for the menu link ordering fix. A sneaky patch, but I know this feature has been oft requested by others. will it be coming out mainstream in a less techie form?

I still cannot get the live chat option to show up on my home page, or while hovering over an online classmate.

Mike

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM - Response #5

The link ordering code is a temporary measure until it is built into the service. That is in the plans but has not yet been implemented. I can't give any reliable estimate of when it will be, but it is high on our priority list.

I am unable to reproduce the Live Chat issue. Can you provide any more detail about exactly what you are referring to?

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM - Response #6

Eric,
With respect to the live chat issue, I know that in the past hovering over the name (or head&shoulders symbol) for an online classmate brought up 2 options: Chat and Profile, I think. There was also, at one time, a choice under Member Functions to Enable/Disable Live Chat. I no longer get either.
I'm using Chrome primarily but have tested this problem with IE, same result.
Mike

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM - Response #7

Live Chat can be enabled or disabled in Edit Site Pages. The Instant Messenger (the little panel at the lower right of your screen) can be enabled/disabled by each user for themselves via the checkbox at the bottom of the Edit Profile page.

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM - Response #8

Eric,
Live Chat can be activated/deactivated on the Edit Site Pages screen (no edit button). Neither setting causes it to appear. I've tries deactivating and re-activating. My personal setting in my profile is checked.
Are Live Chat and IM the same thing??
What am i missing here?
Mike

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM - Response #9

Live Chat is an expanded version of Instant Messenger which allows video and audio if you have a webcam connected to your computer, and also allows multiparty conversations, whereas IM is basic and just allows two-way exchanges (though you can run several IM sessions concurrently with different people).

If nothing else is working, you may want to try clearing the cache and cookies from your web browser. Instructions are here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM - Response #10

Live Chat is fine...my oops

And I like the link reordering patch.
Is there any way that I can change the color of one or more of the links in the main menu?
Thanks,
Mike

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 9:53 AM - Response #11

Not without knowing how to write some code like the link-ordering code I wrote for you.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM - Response #12

I figured out how to change the color (Inspect Element, find the link name. change the color to Red, for example FF0000). But I would like to know how to make it stick after the current session, and to be there for other viewers.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM - Response #13

Like I said, you cannot do it without knowing how to write HTML and CSS code.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM - Response #14

Just out of curiosity, if I were to learn some basic html and css would I actually be able to make such changes on my class website? I am a "geek" but from an earlier generation, have done a good bit of programming but not in html.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM - Response #15

If you learn enough HTML, JavaScript and CSS, there is very little on the website that you *wouldn't* be able to change.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM - Response #16

Just wondering if the update mentioned in the 1:49PM 6/4/2012 post above has been implemented: "The link ordering code is a temporary measure until it is built into the service. That is in the plans but has not yet been implemented. I can't give any reliable estimate of when it will be, but it is high on our priority list."
It would be very helpful on one of my sites.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 12:10 PM - Response #17

If all goes well this will make the live system next month.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM - Response #18

Thank you very much. I hope all goes well!

Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 6:42 AM - Response #19

Just wondering how the "Link Ordering" option is coming along, and if it isn't would you mind sending the code mentioned in the quote below. My "website committee" is stridently asking for a different order on the left hand links! Many thanks, Leigh

"RE: Survey maker issur
Posted Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM

"I added some code to the Google Analytics box (on the Preferences page) which allows you to reorder the main navigation links on your site. If you want to change the order, just look at the last line in that box, and the instructions immediately above it."

Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM - Response #20

I know that the "Link Reordering" is the next feature to be released. The JavaScript code you are talking about was a temporary fix. The "Link Reordering" module should be released very soon (possibly by the end of the month. I know it is VERY CLOSE.)

Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM - Response #21

That is very good news, and thank you for your quick response.
Leigh

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.