ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Details" banner appears on Reunion page?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/28/11 11:33 AM Views: 1065 Replies: 5
Monday, November 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Hullo,

Out of nowhere a banner saying "Details" has appeared on the top of the 50 Year Reunion page on our website. We used the page first to announce and now to report on the recent reunion and I have no idea where this thing suddenly came from or how to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Ian

Monday, November 28, 2011 at 1:20 PM - Response #1

I think the DETAILS banner has always been there.

The Reunion Planner isn't supposed to be used to display the photos taken at the reunion. You should use a Gallery Creator or Survey page to do this.

The DETAILS banner is use to show the details of the reunion (for someone who plans to go). That is why you cannot get rid of it. It is part of the Reunion Planner.

Monday, November 28, 2011 at 1:55 PM - Response #2

Nope, it wasn't there before and several classmates have just noticed its sudden appearance too. We've been displaying photos from the reunion there for six months without this banner showing up. We never used the Reunion Planner format before the reunion, either -- just used this page as a blank screen to make announcements without this banner ever showing. Maybe it should have been there, but it wasn't, and its new for us now. Wish I could get rid of it.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM - Response #3

Hi Ian,

I've been trying a few tricks to get rid of that banner but nothing seems to work. Not that it helps you any, but as far as any of us remember, that banner has always been on the Reunion Planner page. The only way we can suggest to not have it is to move that content to a Gallery page.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM - Response #4

Ok thanks I will try some tricks of my own. Just wish I could figure out what I did to keep it off the page for the past year! I dont care to move the pics to a gallery -- they appear smaller there and require more user effort to display. These particular pics are an important feature of our site and its nice to have them right there on a home page tab. Thanks anyway! Ian

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 11:51 AM - Response #5

You don't have to place them in a gallery to display them on a gallery page. You'd be able to display them exactly as they are now. Just copy the content from your reunion page and paste it into the editor on the gallery page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.