ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Sorting multi-year teachers

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/26/11 01:36 AM Views: 1078 Replies: 4
Friday, August 26, 2011 at 1:36 AM

For a multi-year site it is really handy having the "sort by year" feature for classmates. It saves having to go through so many names.

I know that isn't feasable for teacher. However, how about an alphabetical sort by letter? i.e. A, B, C, D, etc. for their last names? Our site covers 1911 - 2011 (this is our centenial). I got volunteered to work with the teachers and it would sure make my life easier!!

Friday, August 26, 2011 at 1:34 PM - Response #1

Hi Frank,

I may be misunderstanding, but it looks like we already do what you're asking for. Under "Admin Functions" if you click on "Manage Teachers" and then on the "Enter/Edit Teachers" button, you'l find the list is alpha sorted by last name. There is also a search feature at the top to narrow the list.

Friday, August 26, 2011 at 2:00 PM - Response #2

Yes, the WHOOOLLLEE list is in alpha order. The search feature only finds ONE name (or email).

What I'm asking for is a row of the alphabet (caps) where I can, for example, click on "C" and have the list show ONLY the teachers whose last names start with "C".

As it is now, if I have some modifications to make in a handful of teachers, after each mod (say adding a photo), I have to wait for the WHOOOOLLLEE list to repopulate before I can do the next one.

Also, by working with a smaller list of only one letter, I can more easily check for duplicate names and missing names. Trying to do this one name at a time, or with the whole list is very cumbersome.

It would be so much easier and so much faster if I could work with only one letter at a time.

Edited 08/26/11 2:04 PM
Monday, August 29, 2011 at 11:40 AM - Response #3

Ah, I get it now! So for teachers/staff, replacing the "Year" dropdown with a "Last Initial" dropdown that functions the same way. Got it.

This is an eminently sensible idea, and I will put it on the wishlist for feature upgrades. I can't promise when it will show up, but it is definitely an idea I can get behind.

Monday, August 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM - Response #4

Great! But I sure hope it can be sooner rather than later. As I mentioned before, our multi-year site covers 100 Years!! Can you imagine working with the teachers over a 100 year span!! YIKES!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.